Sunshine Beverages, LLC, part of the Teall Capital family of portfolio companies, is looking for an experienced, highly-passionate marketer to join our fast-growing beverage company and lead the overall marketing function for Sunshine. The Marketing Director will be based in our headquarters in downtown Winston-Salem and will report directly to the President of Sunshine Beverages.
Sunshine is redefining the energy drink and bringing a new consumer to the category with a better-for-you, non-extreme take on energy. Every can of Sunshine is sparkling with vitamins, electrolytes and only 70mg of natural caffeine – no more than a cup of coffee.
The Marketing Director will own and lead all aspects of the Sunshine brand and marketing strategy. This role requires a strong understanding of brand management as well as the ability (and desire) to execute at a ground level. Experience with CPG food/beverage company is mandatory.
- Lead and own brand strategy for Sunshine, including research and insights, positioning, integrated communication planning and execution
- Maintain brand assets and ensure consistent brand image and messaging through all communication mediums
- Work closely with leadership team to drive strategic direction of Sunshine brand, including product development
Communication Planning & Execution
- Develop, manage and execute annual marketing plans, including advertising campaigns, digital media, events, grassroots, PR, etc. with timelines, deliverables, forecasts and budgets.
- Create and manage content for Sunshine-owned communication channels, including website, social media and all e-commerce stores
- Establish strategic partnerships with partners, organizations and influencers to help drive awareness, trial and growth for Sunshine
- Oversee event and field marketing team, including one direct report and growing team of marketing specialists in key markets
- Measure performance and conduct analysis to develop future strategies and plans
- Manage third-party vendors, partners and agencies, serving as main point of contact for all marketing partnerships
- Collaborate and support sales team with customer opportunities, event participation requests, sampling needs, marketing communication, etc.
- Oversee and manage development of all packaging and marketing promotional materials
- Own media relations for Sunshine, including researching and identifying opportunities, conceptualizing stories and conducting media outreach
- Secure unique product placement opportunities to drive awareness and visibility
- Write and maintain internal and external media materials, including press releases, statements, talking points and collateral
- Monitor, identify and assess competitive trends and activities from a public relations perspective
- Manage owned e-commerce channels, including drinkthesunshine.com, Amazon, Amazon Fresh, Walmart, Faire and GNC
- Develop marketing programs designed to drive online sales and build one-to-one relationships with consumers
- Design consumer experience