About the Role:
This position provides leadership of all construction and field operations including risk management aspects of Brinkman Construction. The incumbent will have the responsibility and experience to create and lead the operational strategy and will make significant contributions to the organization's overall strategic goals and day-to-day operations.
The COO is a key individual providing strategic and operational leadership with respect to construction operations matters, working as a member of the executive leadership team to establish and achieve all Company long-range strategies, goals, and plans.
- As a member of the executive leadership team, serve as advisor to the departmental leaders, evaluating and assisting with financial plans and economic modeling.
- Provide input into strategic and tactical planning and policy making, helping support the culture and communication within the company.
- Analyze company operations to uncover opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Evaluate the operations financial functions for continued improvement in efficiency.
- Provide direct reports with opportunities for professional growth.
- Create and lead the vision for all operations, including construction management, field operations, and risk management.
- Responsible for building and leading strong and cohesive teams toward operational excellence and financial effectiveness.
- Create and maintain a team culture that values, recognizes, and inspires high performance, supports innovation, and challenges the status quo.
- Provide inspirational coaching and mentoring of operational leadership to achieve organizational objectives and goals.
- Adheres to and ensures standard processes and technologies are implemented within the various segments of construction operations.
- Fosters and leads a coaching, mentoring, and learning organization, meeting standards for training and quality assurance.
- Responsible for succession planning, including hiring, mentoring and career development for project management and field workforce.
- Acts as cultural leader internally and externally, reflecting Brinkman Construction’s mission and core values. Develops strong internal relationships with all employees and external relationships through active networking and visible industry and community involvement.
Well-qualified candidates have:
- Exceptional leadership and people management skills, including ability to provide direction, develop consensus, mentor leaders, and delegate execution of key initiatives across the organization effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to make confident and sound business decisions and adapt if/when deemed necessary.
- Commitment to excellence in operations, systems, and team communications.
- Ability to identify roles and responsibilities throughout construction operations while prioritizing an overall mindset of clear expectations and accountability.
- Broad-based knowledge of construction management, field operations, preconstruction and estimating techniques, legal and insurance issues, and cost control.
- Professionalism – displays high level of integrity and ethics, both personally and professionally, along with well-developed sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Planning and Execution – effective planner with strong organization and passion for excellence in execution
- Communication – displays effective communication, persuasion, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Strategic influencer with results-oriented mindset and passion for effective and efficient systems and processes.
- Leadership and Teamwork – inspires others to excellence; provides leadership to team in achieving goals; appropriately delegates, monitors, and holds self and others accountable to standards and organizational expectations.
- Customer focus – strives for consistently high level of service to internal and external customers and pursues customer feedback to help meet expectations.
- Strategic – long-term business orientation with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and strong operational focus.
- Nimble - effective in dealing with ambiguity and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Core Values – Naturally exhibits strong alignment with Company core values
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ degree in construction management, engineering, real estate, or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- 15-20+ years’ proven successful commercial construction operations experience, including 5+ years’ experience in a senior level operations leadership role.
- Acceptable background and motor vehicle record
Base Salary: $175,000 and pay is commensurate on technical skills and experience
About Our Company:
With offices in both Fort Collins and Denver, Brinkman Construction is a 100% employee-owned company with projects spanning the entire Front Range. Since our founding in 2005, we have been the recipient of industry accolades including Best Commercial Builder Runner-Up, Small Business of the Year, Entrepreneur of the Year, Bravo Emerging Entrepreneur, Best Start-Up Company of the Year, and innumerable project-based awards, including Best Adaptive Reuse Project for The Exchange and Best Building Project for the Eating Recovery Center.
Our Core Values:
At Brinkman Construction, we’re Driven to Build, and our core values are the cornerstone of our success. They shape our culture, define our character, inform our vision and empower us to deliver on our mission.
Honest and Ethical
We are committed to attracting creative, collaborative construction professionals who exemplify our core values, our culture and are empowered to contribute to - and benefit from - the growth and success of the organization.
Our Value Proposition:
Brinkman Construction employs a robust Total Rewards Strategy comprised of competitive compensation, profit-sharing, spot-bonuses and our acclaimed Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), alongside flexible benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, tax-advantaged Health Savings Accounts, short-and-long-term disability, ancillary insurance plans and a 401(k) match.
We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid parental leave, and deliver on our commitment to making a positive impact in the communities where we live, work and play through our Volunteer Time Off and Brinkman Gives programs.
Brinkman Construction is committed to finding top talent from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives, to provide broad and inclusive decision making for future success.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please note that Brinkman Construction does not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles from recruiters or employment agencies without a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement in place. In the absence of such an agreement, Brinkman explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire any candidate presented, without any financial obligation for recruiter commission or referral compensation. Any unsolicited resumes and/or candidate profiles presented by recruiters or employment agencies – including those presented directly to hiring managers – are deemed to be the property of Brinkman Construction.