As a Senior Project Manager, you will:
Manage highly complex projects/accounts or multiple projects at the same time. You must also be able to manage a Project Manager and/or a Project Coordinator. The Senior Project Manager, is responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project management practices. They have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled. They are effective communicators to make sure everyone involved is on the same page and the right people have the right information at the right time. They adapt their approach to the context and constraints of each project, knowing that no "one-size" can fit all the variety of projects. And they are always improving their own and the Hawai’i Market teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
You will also be responsible for managing ongoing relationships with external vendors. You will serve as main point of contact and application subject matter expert for the client during the implementation process and beyond to provide linkage between the customer, Navvis and vendor partners
A Day in the Life:
• Works cooperatively and collaboratively with the Navvis Hawaii Team, clients, solution partners, Implementation Services Department and/or other Navvis team members to advance and complete project goals and initiatives.
• New projects could arise at any time and the project manager quickly becomes the center of activity and change. You will have to be able to handle quick deadlines and keep calm under pressure.
• Supports the full project life cycle including requirements gathering, creation of project plans and schedules, obtaining and managing resources, managing budget and facilitating project execution, deployment, closure and evaluation. Administer and organize all types of projects from simple activities to more complex plans. Includes liaising with clients and coaches to identify, define project requirements, scope, and objectives.
• Effectively communicate project status to all stakeholders. Coordinate cross-functional meetings with various stakeholders. Maintain detailed project documentation including meeting minutes, action items, risk or issues list.
• Monitor the creation of all project deliverables to ensure adherence to quality standards and brand experience. Ensure client needs are met as complex projects evolve.
• Demonstrates skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, professionalism, independent judgment and discretion.
• Firsthand participation in projects details requiring in-depth understanding of the programs and products supported.
• Facilitate proactive and timely communication between internal and external stakeholders
• Maintain dashboard of integration status
• Proactively work with other internal departments to document and track upcoming integrations
• Participate as a key member of the core implementation team charged with successfully implementing and supporting data integrations by serving as a lead subject matter expert
• Serve as main point of contact and application subject matter expert for the client during the implementation process and beyond to provide linkage between the customer, Navvis and vendor partners
• Perform end-to-end troubleshooting and QA as needed in coordination with the Testing Team
• Provide QA on claims, EMR, Provider, Pharmacy, ADT, LAB and other file types
• Coordinate with technology vendor and testing team to validate and test all integrations
• Manage and track issues to resolution and provide status updates
• Manages relationships with external vendors to streamline the implementation process and manage ongoing
• Manage & prioritize multiple projects and support tickets simultaneously
• Attend weekly customer and vendor meetings, taking notes and executing on action items
• Serve as a technical escalation point for the customer for any technical issues
• Produce status reports on open items
• Produce project and incident response plans
• Other duties as needed
What success looks like in this role:
• Part of being a senior project manager is to identify issues, provide solutions, delegate tasks and monitor progress to stay on schedule and on budget. It requires frequent communication with stakeholders.
• Collecting the necessary data and stakeholder input to ensure project is on track through completion.
• Prepare comprehensive action plans including resources, timeframe, budgets/pricing for projects.
• You must be able to rise to the challenge of ambiguity and respond with confidence and adaptability.
• Knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and tools
• Understanding/Experience with healthcare data (Clinical/EHR, Claims, etc.)
• Implementation of healthcare IT software
• Knowledge of population health a plus
• Accustomed to Customer-facing roles
• Ability to speak to all levels within an organization, including C Suite
• Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
• Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to embrace change and company growth
• Strong Analytical Skills
• Proven experience in people, risk and change management.
We are excited about you if you have these things:
• Interpersonal skills: A strong project manager must be able to listen, communicate effectively and clearly and collaborate with many people internally, with clients and/or external partners.
• Executive presence and Leadership skills: You will be the person people look to for answers and project updates. You must have the skills to manage and supervise, execute on each step of the project. You will lead projects and motivate others to complete them according to the timeline, exceptional standards and budgets.
• Problem solving skills: You will likely face many unexpected challenges to meet goals and schedules. The project manager will need to find solutions and resolve issues in a timely manner either collaboratively or individually.
• Strong organizational skills: This position requires someone capable of managing multiple projects at one time that often have conflicting schedules.
• Strong technical background: The ability to understand technical aspects of a solution will allow for robust collaboration and solutioning with our product and development teams.
• Special project management skills: Demonstrated track record of managing a sequence of tasks. Ability to coordinate complex projects
• Flexibility: You will need to be flexible when issues arise that threaten project goals, entry of new and competing projects along with changes in direction.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge with HMSA’s Payment Transformation Program, Care Coordination, data integration and other areas of focus for our clients in Hawai'i
• Bachelor’s degree in business or project management and/or equivalent experience. Must have at least 5-7 years of project management experience working with senior healthcare executives and clinical leaders in large matrix managed environments.
• Other: Proficiency in creating best practices in project management and process improvement tools and methodology. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. A personal commitment to a person-centered approach, along with strong relationship-building, communication, and active listening skills.