Life Safety and Security Officer is charged with the protection of employees, visitors, contractors, patients, and all properties of PPMW while providing high-level customer service for all.
1. Periodically patrol Health Center and grounds to detect possible threats, unauthorized persons/vehicles, suspicious packages or damage to property
2. Warmly greet all visitors; inform the relevant employee of their arrival; assist them to properly sign-in on the EIO Board(Visitor Management System); issue them a Visitor Badge to wear for the duration of their visit, and ensure they are escorted/directed to the appropriate location
3. Ensure all security access control procedures are strictly adhered to such as the issuance of appropriate facility access badges for contractors and associates who forgot their badges, utilizing the Security Access Control System to verify identity and employment status
4. Respond to any incidents that occur during the shift, ensuring appropriate action is taken, all reports are properly completed, and appropriate parties are notified in a timely manner.
5. Maintain constant surveillance of buildings and security cameras.
6. Assist with building emergencies such as evacuations, fire alarms to ensure the safety of all.
7. Ensure the reception area is kept orderly at all times.
8. Write detailed and accurate incident reports during the shift, including notation of any unusual activities and how issues were resolved. Responsible for contacting appropriate individuals (Facilities and Security Supervisor).
9. Monitor movement of visitors and assure all visitors entering the building are authorized to do so.
10. Promote good public relations through courteous, helpful, and professional contact with PPMW employees and their guests.
11. Enforce the rules and policies of the building.
12. Responsible for participating in all company and site required orientation and training programs.
13. Conduct any security, customer service, or support functions as directed by the supervisor and/or designee.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
1. Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Minimum 3 years prior experience in the security industry, law enforcement, military and customer service highly desirable.
3. Valid driver’s license and the ability to provide own reliable transportation to get to/from work and other PPMW sites.
4. Moderate knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office software desired.
5. Must be able to lift 80lbs, and handle extensive walking, pushing, bending etc.
6. As a condition of employment, the selected candidate must successfully complete a background investigation.
7. Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee must possess a demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment, and build productive relationships. A demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and collaboratively as part of a team is essential.
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Protestors may be present at work and related sites.
• The position may require frequent travel to multiple sites. The employee must provide own reliable transportation for the performance of agency duties.
The position is generally performed in an office environment but involves frequent interruptions.
The noise level is generally low and quiet. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essentials functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations, however, may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform said essential functions. Occasionally evening/or weekend hours may be necessary. This position requires occasional traveling within the Metropolitan Washington area, therefore a valid driver license and auto insurance in accordance with agency liability standards id required. Must have reliable transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. All of the job functions listed within this job description involve to greater and lesser degrees the following physical demands: close vision; hearing/listening; clear speech; walking; lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds; stooping; kneeling; bending; sitting; standing; and use of hands to finger, handle, feel and use a keyboard.
While this description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, it is not necessarily exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, efforts, requirements, or expectations of this position. Management reserves the right to revise or amend this description to include or remove tasks as circumstances change and the needs of PPMW so dictate. PPMW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.