CDC Small Business Finance is a leading U.S. small business lender and award-winning nonprofit. Over the last four decades, CDC has provided more than $13 billion in loans to 11,000 entrepreneurs...and counting.
Unlike a traditional lender, we have the flexibility to offer affordable loans to a broader range of small business owners seeking financing for building purchases, major equipment and working capital, among other purposes.
As a non-profit organization, our mission is to support those who face the greatest obstacles in securing capital: women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Our business loans have also played a critical role in bolstering economic development, helping create or preserve more than 180,000 jobs in California, Arizona and Nevada.
The Sr. Staff Accountant & Financial Analyst will support critical Accounting functions at CDC Small Business Finance including, but not limited to Audit, Tax, Financial Reporting, Budget and Forecast. These tasks will include production and analysis of reports, schedules and/or datasets in a timely and accurate manner. The position will report to the Accounting Manager.
- Support monthly financial reporting including but not limited to preparing various schedules: general ledger trial balance, account reconciliation status and variance analysis.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for consolidated CDC and each subsidiary. Includes report generation and analysis.
- Prepare audit schedules as assigned; Prepare annual tax schedules utilizing final audit data.
- Support Audit Project Management to ensure the timely completion of prepared by client (PBC) documents and any follow up requests.
- Assume the responsibility of compiling and maintaining, the daily open items list from the auditors and assign items to Finance members.
- Support annual budget process including but not limited to consolidation of budget inputs, loading approved budget into Budget Maestro.
- Support forecast process including but not limited to consolidation of inputs from business units and summary reporting.
Professional Skills and Attributes
- CPA preferred
- Advanced user of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint (hands on experience with Sage & Budget Maestro is a plus).
- Proven fast learning capability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Resourceful and demonstrates accountability
- An understanding of a financial institution’s accounting area, to be able to think creatively and assertively on such matters.
- Ability and initiative to think through operational efficiencies of CDC’s business and new business ideas.
- Demonstrated capacity for independent judgment and sound decision making in a diverse and complex organizational environment.
- Internal customer service mentality.
- Ability to foster trust, credibility, and cohesive teamwork among persons of diverse talents, backgrounds, and perspectives.
- Keen, analytical problem solver who thrives in fast-paced working environment.
- Wholeheartedly embraces the mission of the organization.
- Comfortable in a collaborative work environment
Minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting position; within the financial services or nonprofit industries preferred. 1+ years in public accounting is also preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Medical, Dental, Insurance Plans for Employees and Family
- Paid Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance Plans
- Paid Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance Plan
- Paid Employee Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care (Section 125)
- Competitive salary plus incentives; dependent on experience
CDC Small Business Finance is committed to an inclusive and diverse culture. We are passionate about creating a workplace that welcomes, promotes and values diversity. Our focus on a diverse culture elevates our work and helps us achieve greater impact. The result is a stronger and healthier work environment which leads to greater innovation and deeper insights. We view our decisions through an equitable lens to best support our mission to always realize an inclusive and diverse organization.