The Non-Agency/Jumbo Underwriter role analyzes the risk and compliance of residential mortgage loan applications within the scope of private investor and company guidelines. This role is responsible for minimizing the risk exposure of the organization by certifying applications are underwritten to the applicable parameters.
- Completing a thorough analysis of loan applications to determine compliance with company and investor guidelines and subsequently issuing compliant loan decisions on each application
- Submit non-delegated loans to the applicable investor
- Subsequent review of resubmitted loan applications to analyze requested documents necessary to issue a final loan decision.
- Coaching and mentoring the Loan Processing staff on underwriting related guidelines and scenarios.
- Responding to loan audits and post-closing request for additional documentation in a timely manner.
- Completing self-provisioned and assigned training and research to maintain a current working knowledge of investor guidelines and policies.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager
- Completing self-provisioned and assigned training and research to maintain a current working knowledge of agency and investor guidelines and policies
- Prior experience in an Underwriter position analyzing Jumbo Agency/ Non-QM Loans, applications.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a windows environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality. Ability to build strong relationships with internal business partners to achieve success.
- Proven ability to motivate, develop, coach and mentor staff at all levels.
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures.
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Committed to taking responsibility and ownership for agreed actions and delivery.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years experience underwriting credit and collateral to Agency, FHA, Jumbo Agency/ Non-QM Loans, VA, USDA guidelines.
- Prior experience underwriting non-conforming (JUMBO) loan applications to private investor standards required.
Newfi Lending is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and aim to empower individuals and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Visit us at www.newfi.com or www.newfiwholesale.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. The Company reserves the rights to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles, as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.