Connect for Health Colorado has an exciting opportunity for a Policy Research and Implementation Analyst!
Connect for Health Colorado is the state-based health insurance marketplace and support network that allows individuals, families, and small employers to compare and purchase health plans from companies including the major health plans in the state in a convenient way. We provide high quality customer assistance by phone and in person, as well as access to federal financial assistance to reduce the cost of health insurance. Our mission is to increase access, affordability, and choice for individuals and small employers purchasing health insurance in Colorado.
The Policy Research and Implementation Analyst, as part of the Policy & External Affairs Department under supervision from the Manager of Policy Research and Implementation, will perform a wide range of policy, implementation, and legislative tasks, including qualitative research and analysis and policy implementation support. The Policy Research and Implementation Analyst will analyze policy with an emphasis on the consumer impact and will assist Connect for Health Colorado in meeting its organizational mission by working with other business units to implement new and updated policies.
• Provides analytical skills to research, compile, and prepare written summaries, analyses, and other background materials on diverse topics affecting the organization including complex provisions of the ACA, state-specific health insurance exchange legislation and policies, and federal regulatory guidance.
• Under the direction of management, develops policy options and recommendations around healthcare reform issues affecting the organization resulting from research, analysis, and interpretation to support the organization’s policy decision-making process.
• Prepares presentations for a variety of audiences.
• Reviews, analyzes, and translates complex regulatory information to deliver recommendations for practical operational implementation.
• Works towards becoming a subject matter expert to provide policy consultation to internal process owners on all areas of Affordable Care Act (ACA) eligibility policy, including specifically Qualified Health Plans (QHP), Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTC), Cost-Sharing Reductions (CSR), and Special Enrollment Periods (SEP).
• Write official policy recommendations and opinions based on legislative and regulatory analysis.
• Work alongside Project Management Office to operationalize policy requirements.
• Draft and/or review eligibility and enrollment platform enhancements.
• Works on significant and unique assignments of diverse and complex scope, developing solutions which require a high degree of ingenuity and innovation, as well as independent judgment, to accomplish organizational objectives.
• Provides evaluation support activities including collecting data and conducting on-line literature searches.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in public health, public policy, research and evaluation, health administration, or public service roles, preferably in healthcare or health insurance.
• Colorado resident.
• Strong analytical and technical writing skills.
• Ability to write multipage white papers, memos, and research reports independently.
• Ability to work independently and problem-solve; a self-starter that can drive toward results independently.
• Detail oriented. Ability to oversee multiple complex projects with competing deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced workplace and adapt to a continually evolving environment.
• Committed team player with exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving, and communication skills with ability to develop and maintain cooperative and productive work relationships.
• Desire to work for a mission driven organization.
• Experience with public speaking and providing presentations.
• Excellent communications skills (verbal and written).
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build trust.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook).
• The Connect for Health Colorado office is in the DTC, near the 225/I25 junction. We are currently remote.
• Work schedule may include some non-traditional hours, weekends and evening events.
• Core hours are typically 8am-5pm.
• Travel throughout Colorado may occasionally be required, mostly day trips along the Front Range (mileage reimbursement available).
Connect for Health Colorado offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Using Connect for Health Colorado’s annual benefits allowance, employees may elect from various benefit offerings and tailor a package to best suit their individual needs.
Connect for Health Colorado employees are eligible to participate in the organization’s
403(b) plan and are additionally provided with paid time off, short and long term disability and life insurance. Hiring range for this role is $58,700 through $72,500.
Please apply online at https://connectforhealthco.com/about-us/employment/
Connect for Health Colorado is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Connect for Health Colorado may, at its discretion, conduct a background check on any workforce member and/or require job candidates to successfully complete a background check as a condition of employment.