This position is based in our Tampa office located on beautiful Rocky Point. Only local candidates and those willing to relocate will be considered.
All parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. No sponsorship provided.
As a technical manager, you will lead the team and be personally involved in designing and building architecturally sound components, tools, and applications to meet business needs.
- Lead and grow a team of software engineers to deliver client facing web applications and platforms.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
- Ability to do hands-on work and contribute to deliverables through design & coding.
- Work with the Product Owners and Product Managers to help transform broad questions into concrete and relevant solutions.
- Design, prototype and develop new features based on requirements.
- Handle security & privacy configuration options with the goal of meeting various compliance guidelines.
- Ability to think like a user and provide rapid issue resolution for production environment.
- Comfortable with iterative development and unit testing.
- Conduct peer reviews, provide feedback, prioritize changes, and bring stability to the team.
- Develop tools, templates, runbooks and provide operational support for running applications in cloud environments.
- Foster an environment of empowering team members by encouraging collaboration, clear communication, creativity, and critical thinking.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university plus a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the specific or related field. Or High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in the field. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in a management level position.
Company / Industry Knowledge: Knowledge of credit unions or financial services industry helpful. PCI and HIPAA compliance knowledge helpful.
- 10+ years of professional development experience
- 3+ years of experience leading software development team(s).
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack development
- 5+ years recent experience focusing on building customer facing web portals and utilizing Microsoft Azure or AWS cloud resources.
- 5+ years of strong API development background with experience developing and consuming APIs.
- Secure coding practices – OWASP guidelines
- Integrate applications using SSO, 3rd party connectors, iframe or JS SDK.
- Microsoft Azure
- JSX, React/Redux or Vue/Vuex and 3rd party JS frameworks.
- Node + npm
- Python, Flask and Swagger
- User authentication
- One or more NoSQL databases
- One or more relational databases
- Jira and CI/CD
Preferred Experience, But Not Required:
- Identity and Access Management (OKTA)
- Data Analysis
- ORMs (SqlAlchemy, nHibernate)
- PCI Compliance
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office products.