The Workforce Development Specialist contributes to making our community a place where women and girls can thrive and achieve their dreams. The Specialist assesses participant needs and barriers that might cause program attrition. The Specialist connects clients with needed support services leading to increased graduation rates and will play an integral role in participant outreach, orientation, enrollment, graduation, and ongoing support for post-program success. This essential member of the LEAP team contributes to creating a warm and welcoming space for women and children, with an ongoing commitment to providing high quality, trauma-informed services for clients of YWCA Evanston/North Shore.
- Assesses participant needs for wrap-around support services and creates a plan to alleviate barriers to training completion.
- Fosters safe and supportive relationships with participants and works collaboratively with colleagues to deepen support for participants.
- Keeps proper documentation and records of participant needs including but not limited to assessing support needs and tracking interactions.
- Advises and coaches participants in accessing community resources and as needed assists them in securing appropriate documentation, completing related documents, and accompanies participants when accessing community resources.
- Compiles and refers resources to clients based on identified needs, including but not limited to: food access, utility assistance, affordable housing, housing programs, childcare, transportation, and clothing.
- Provides individualized support for workforce training graduates for post-secondary education referrals and pathways.
- Assists workforce team with outreach efforts and staffs recruitment events.
- Coordinates program orientations including scheduling, managing RSVPs, communicating reminders, location details, tracking attendance, and providing follow-up.
- Helps participants with completing enrollment paperwork including collaboration with outside partners.
- Collects, keeps, and tracks program paperwork such as waivers, consent forms, support service needs, and reimbursement needs.
- Contacts and interviews alumni at regular intervals, assessing needs, providing support, and filling out surveys/matrix as needed.
- Coordinates the Shop for Success Program.
- Arranges and tracks the distribution of equipment and supplies.
- Identifies, cultivates, and maintains strategic community partnerships that could contribute to and enrich support services, and advocates within those organizations for the benefit of our clients.
- Supports participant recruitment goals through active community outreach.
- Provides and attends staff trainings and participates in agency committees.
- Pursues professional development.
- Understands and adheres to all YWCA Evanston/North Shore procedures and policies as well as YWCA Employee Handbook.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.