The main function of the Kitchen Assistant is to coordinate appropriate client dietary menu planning and oversee daily operations of food preparation. The KA engages in preparing food, serving food, and maintaining the cleanliness of food service areas and equipment are performing the proper procedures as outlined by state and federal regulations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Prepare meals, and dishes for clients during all 3 meal service times as assigned
• Assists in food ordering, receiving and inventorying when asked by the chef
• Adhere to the company's food safety logs procedures
• ServSafe certification preferred
• If needed assist in training employees (BHT’s) in best practices prepping, preparing food, as well as proper food temperature
• Assist cooking and operating required tools to accomplish service
• Clean work area, utensils, dishes, and pots and pans
• Run and fill various foodservice machines
• Follow diagrams and lists to prepare client trays to specifications
• Interact with clientele in a pleasant manner and handle customer complaints
• Work with staff to ensure the smooth operation of the kitchen in cold food production, patient tray assembly, and service.
• Knowledge of Mental Health and addiction recovery
• Excellent organizational skills, with ability to prioritize workload
• Strong diligence with the capacity to maintain/complete accurate records/correspondence
• Understands the need for and always maintains appropriate confidentiality when interacting with alumni, families, and all other clients and contacts following Clients Rights and HIPAA.
• Proficient in MS OFFICE preferred
• Maintains a professional demeanor when representing Bridges of Hope.
• Ability to maintain boundaries while collaborating with clients, alumni, and their families.
• Ability to maintain confidential information with tact and discretion beyond HIPPA
• Ability to exercise sound judgment when overseeing a variety of issues
• Strong customer service skills
• High level of flexibility and diplomacy
• Complies with state and federal sanitation and applicable standards and oversees compliance of such standards by the dietary staff. Ensures that:
o Sanitation standards are followed consistently
o Cleaning assignments are completed
o Foodservice and storage areas, including storeroom, walk-in cooler, and freezer, are clean and sanitized
o Other sanitation standards are completed
• Inspects food, supplies, and equipment to maintain stock levels and ensure standards of quality are met
• Keeps accurate inventory records
• Assist with the sustained stock inventory and order supplies
• Receives food and beverage deliveries, checking delivery contents to verify quality and quantity
• Checks food temperatures ensure that temperatures are documented as required
• Dietary staff properly preparation techniques, operation of kitchen equipment, safety procedures, sanitation, etc. to ensure quality standards and service
• Assume primary responsibility for the kitchen food production, quality, consistency, supervision, and training of food service workers.
• Accept deliveries when necessary
• Coordinate assigned dietary items with Chef ensuring economical use of food and timely preparation
• Any additional items as needed