Enthusiast Enterprises is a fast-growing collection of related businesses selling aftermarket wheels and tires direct to consumers via online channels. We offer an exciting entrepreneurial environment for a qualified individual looking to join our dynamic SD Wheel team as an HR Manager. The HR Manager will plan, lead, develop, and coordinate local HR policies and procedures, as well as, ensure alignment of Company policies, activities, strategies and initiatives. This role is also responsible for leading the HR team in Batavia, IL to accomplish HR objectives by recruiting, selecting, onboarding, training, coaching, and counseling employees, while ensuring legal compliance and adherence to Company policies and procedures. Partner with local leadership team to champion the organization’s mission, vision, values, Expectations, and overall talent strategy.
- Provide management and consultation for the recruitment, hiring, selection, development, training, socialization, and progression of all employees within the business. Ensure all roles for the site are filled in a timely manner. Create hiring plans to align to the business need and timelines.
- Serve as a business partner to the local leadership team in planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach, support and hold employees accountable. May be responsible for scheduling and facilitating employee/manager meetings, counseling employees and supervisors, etc.
- Develop and implement strategic Human Resource solutions to meet workforce demands and labor force trends. Partner with all Company HR team members and other leaders on Company-wide projects and initiatives; may be responsible for leading such projects.
- Manage employee relations through creating and deploying workplace policies and handbook.
- Facilitate the delivery of employee benefits programs. Recommend enhancements to the benefit program, as needed.
- Investigate and resolve all workplace issues in a timely manner.
- Conduct investigations and maintain records appropriately.
- Work with all departments to ensure a safe work environment. Support and lead by example in all safety-related activities, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain payroll and attendance data by directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data amongst the HR and supervisory teams.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, deductions, job titles, department/ division transfers, etc.
- Provide payroll information and support by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Support the payroll process and may compile payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records in accordance with guidelines provided by the company’s Payroll Manager.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Decision Making
- Strategic alignment
- Developing Standards / Detail oriented
- Organization Skills
- Promoting Process Improvement
- Time Management
0-10% Travel for training and offsite meetings
Ability to sit and stand appropriately for 8 or more hours at a time. Occasionally lift up to 25-50lbs.
Exempt; Full-time salaried position (40+ hours a week), Monday – Friday, some nights and weekends may be required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration or equivalent relevant experience in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources, benefits, and payroll management
- 3-5 years of management level experience, preferred.
Certificates & Licenses
Professional certification in Human Resources is desired
Please note that this is the base requirements and job description for positions listed and can require additional duties as needed by company.