An Light Duty Wrecker/ Tow Truck Operator in this category utilizes an ancillary light-duty wrecker for transporting vehicles or equipment to and from designated customer requested locations. Towing involves, but is not limited to, motorcycles, cars, trucks, small boats, and industrial equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities for Light Duty Wrecker/ Tow Truck Operator:
- Document and communicate repair requests to mechanics. Performs daily maintenance checks and reports malfunctions to management/mechanics.
- Drive vehicle to loading/unloading location.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections.
- Complete Bill of Lading (Tow Ticket).
- Work throughout assigned shift.
- Acknowledge and carry out written/oral instructions by supervisor.
- Ability to work flexible hours (on call).
- Delivers vehicles/equipment in accordance with customers instructions in a timely manner.
- Ensures wrecker/delivery vehicles are clean and in good working condition.
- Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to appropriate management.
- Returns appropriate paperwork and informs management of delivery.
- Always assist in maintaining a neat and clean workplace.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Average annual pay ranges for Light Duty Wrecker/ Tow Truck Operator from $41,000 to $44,000.
Thank you for your interest in Southern Wrecker and Recovery. We look forward to hearing from you!
Light Duty Wrecker/ Tow Truck Operator:
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must pass a driver road test
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Two years related experience and/or training operating a light/medium or heavy-duty wrecker; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in operating tow equipment required. Basic knowledge of industrial equipment, and basic mechanical skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver's License
- Class B, C or A for Light Duty
- Current DOT Physical
- TWIC Recommended but not required