The Lifeguard supervises all pool activities that are part of the recreational programming for residential children.
1. Supervises resident children in swimming activities, including administering swimming tests when deemed necessary or desirable, in order to maintain a continually safe environment for swimming.
2. Maintain the physical grounds within the fenced area of the swimming pool.
3. Maintain proper operation of the pool mechanical and safety equipment, reporting all maintenance needs promptly to the Operations Manager.
4. Be on time and prepared to work when scheduled to work, having a whistle and proper swimming attire.
• Works primarily in an outside setting that includes exposure to water, sun, and heat.
• Work schedule includes daytime, evening, weekend, and holiday hours.
• Proper use of personal safety equipment is required.
• Minimum age is 16 years
• Previous experience (volunteer or paid) preferred in supervision of swimming activities preferred.
• Certification by a recognized accrediting body as a lifeguard.
• Must be able to life 50 pounds’ dry weight, be in good physical condition, able to perform moderately-difficult mathematical calculations to determine proper chemical usage, and able to use power equipment for pool-area maintenance.
Presbyterian Children’s Homes and Services is a faith-based Christian organization. We provide Christ-centered care and support to children and families in need. We strive to serve like Jesus. We meet our clients where they are and treat them with respect. We focus on our clients’ strengths rather than their problems. And we encourage our clients to focus on their future rather than their past. When we do this well, we help our clients find hope and know the love of God.