SEASONAL PT JOB DESCRIPTION/DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Seasonal Part Time (Summer Job Program) team members are responsible for setting up the venue for the various events that enter the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center and maintaining the facility through the duration of the event as scheduled.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Execute logistical operations and setup/strike for all events in the facility
• Setting chairs, tables, desk and general furniture
• Erecting pipe and drapes, table linen and skirts
• Building and removing stages, sport flooring and dance floors
• Laying and removing carpet
• Following blueprints to set events that are provided by the facility
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to perform long periods of physical activity (standing, walking, etc.)
General janitorial duties include but are not limited to:
• Mopping, dusting, washing walls, cleaning furniture, removing rubbish, sweeping, emptying trash bins, window washing (inside and out), vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms.
Possible outdoor duties include, but are not limited to:
• Trash pick-up, weed eating, mowing, fixing mulch, general landscaping, shoveling snow and laying salt when the weather permits
General Laborer’s must:
• Follow Green Cleaning Initiatives
• Maintain Safety Protocols
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Frequently will be required to perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Operate hand sweeper for sweeping, roads, parking areas, etc.
• Use radios/phones to communicate with supervisors
• Operate law maintenance equipment such as mowers, edger’s, trimmers, etc.
• Rake and remove leaves and other natural debris
• Mulch and treat plants, shrubs, and trees
• Provide hand and equipment snow removal as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisors
• Have the ability to work a nontraditional work week and perform overtime duties as requires
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service are a high priority
• Must be a team player; has the ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
• Must be able to do the following for an extended period of time: stoop, kneel, reach, lift and walk
• Performs timely completion and accuracy of all work
• Must have the ability to adhere to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Uniform Requirements for General Laborer:
• Dark slacks
• Black shoes and socks are preferable
• Black undershirts are preferable
A uniform collared shirt with logo will be provided by the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center.
General Laborers are not allowed to wear any of the following:
• Jeans or any other color pants
• Hats of all types including, but not limited to
o Ballcaps, durags, beanies, bandanas, fedoras, cowboy hats, etc.
• No gang related paraphernalia
• No jackets are to be worn covering the uniform top inside the building
Warm garment’s or weather-related clothing may be worn when performing duties as they pertain to the outside of the building and surrounding landscape.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.
We are committed to ensuring all of our buildings and office locations are the safest in the world for artists, teams, employees, and fans. Thus, OVG requires vaccinations of all employees, sub-contractors, and vendors.
Oak View Group is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis (“protected class”) including, but not limited to veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.