GENERAL LABORER JOB DESCRIPTS/DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
General Laborers are responsible for setting up the venue for the various events that enter the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center and maintaining the facility through the duration of the event as scheduled.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
• Execute logistical operations and setup/strike for all events in the facility
• Setting chairs, tables, desk and general furniture
• Erecting pipe and drapes, table linen and skirts
• Building and removing stages, sport flooring and dance floors
• Laying and removing carpet
• Following blueprints to set events that are provided by the facility
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Safety Conscious
• Ability to perform long periods of physical activity (standing, walking, etc.)
General janitorial duties include but are not limited to:
• Mopping, dusting, washing walls, cleaning furniture, removing rubbish, sweeping, emptying trash bins, window washing (inside and out), vacuuming, and cleaning restrooms.
Possible outdoor duties include, but are not limited to:
• Trash pick-up, weed eating, mowing, fixing mulch, general landscaping, shoveling snow and laying salt when the weather permits
General Laborer’s must:
• Follow Green Cleaning Initiatives
• Maintain Safety Protocols
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Frequently will be required to perform heavy lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Operate hand sweeper for sweeping, roads, parking areas, etc.
• Use radios/phones to communicate with supervisors
• Operate law maintenance equipment such as mowers, edger’s, trimmers, etc.
• Rake and remove leaves and other natural debris
• Mulch and treat plants, shrubs, and trees
• Provide hand and equipment snow removal as needed
• Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisors
• Have the ability to work a nontraditional work week and perform overtime duties as requires
• Excellent public relations, interpersonal communication skills, and customer service are a high priority
• Must be a team player; has the ability to communicate effectively and work harmoniously with others
• Must be able to do the following for an extended period of time: stoop, kneel, reach, lift and walk
• Performs timely completion and accuracy of all work
• Must have the ability to adhere to contract requirements, safety and health regulations, and company policies
• Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Uniform Requirements for General Laborer:
• Dark slacks
• Black shoes and socks are preferable
• Black undershirts are preferable
A uniform collared shirt with logo will be provided by the Charleston Coliseum & Convention Center.
General Laborers are not allowed to wear any of the following:
• Jeans or any other color pants
• Hats of all types including, but not limited to
o Ballcaps, durags, beanies, bandanas, fedoras, cowboy hats, etc.
• No gang related paraphernalia
• No jackets are to be worn covering the uniform top inside the building
Warm garment’s or weather-related clothing may be worn when performing duties as they pertain to the outside of the building and surrounding landscape.
Only candidates that can pass a background check and drug screen will be considered.