As we continue to grow and expand, we have an exciting opportunity with our Manufacturing Tech Support team in Durham. The Manufacturing Technician Level 2 works independently to set up and ensure the operation of machines and related equipment to produce quality products. Essential responsibilities include:
- Effectively and safely mounts, installs, aligns and secures fixtures in machines.
- Effectively set-up and tear-down tools and fixtures in accordance to established procedures; maintains accurate setup and production records per company standards.
- Troubleshoot fixture, tooling, and production part problems as they are encountered.
- Works with Engineering/Quality Control to be sure all dimensions and processes are in conformance by using precision inspection equipment to verify work and fixtures.
- Perform start of shift and daily maintenance procedures on production equipment.
- Reset production equipment and robots if malfunctions occur; works with key personnel to develop intermediate skills to work with automation including robot points and frames.
- Monitor machine coolant/oil quality/ levels / predictive maintenance programs as required.
- Analyze Problem Reports and make appropriate machine adjustments.
- Confer with key personnel to resolve machine malfunctions and production issues.
- Replaces dull or broken cutters, and pre-stages tools while machines are operating.
- Demonstrates intermediate skills with Bridgeport, EZ Trak, and Surface Grinder as required.
- Keeps accurate and timely records on the Computer Maintenance Software (CMS).
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work environment by following 6S standards.
- Properly follows all H&M procedures and policies.
- Use correct P.P.E. per JHA’s and Job Description; required to wear safety shoes with the standard F2412 and F2413 rating. Individuals trained in NFPA 70E Arc Flash are required to wear electrical hazard safety shoes with the F2412EH and F2413EH rating.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities, including Idea System.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High School or Technical School Diploma, or General Education Degree (GED) preferred; Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, part drawings, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Ability to write work instructions.
- Ability to calculate basic math, use fractions, decimals and percent and apply basic concepts of geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Able to work Saturday and/or Sunday on a rotating basis to meet business needs
Hobson & Motzer offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, AD&D, STD/LTD, retirement plan/401(K) and annual discretionary profit sharing bonus. If you are interested in joining a stable, growth-oriented and innovative organization where you can make a difference, please send your resume with a cover letter including salary requirements to Human Resources by clicking the link below.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.