Position: Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator and Implementation Specialist
Salary Range: $54,000 – 64,000
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Training Initiatives
Reports To: Manager, Training Initiatives
Posted: March 11- March 25, 2021
Funding Status: 100% Admin
About Philadelphia Works, Inc.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers. We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions. These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
This role will support a multi-stage LMS implementation process working alongside the Accord LMS Engineering Specialists and Philadelphia Works operational staff to manage LMS system administration and the project implementation team.
Remote on-boarding available, position is remote until company returns to office post covid.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
• Act as the primary System Administrator for the Philadelphia Works Learning Management System
• Support cycles of implementation for a new Learning Management System including:
o Developing and supporting processes for user account creation & enrollment.
o Working with key stakeholders (internal staff and contracted vendor staff) to identify reporting needs, build reports, and distribute reports to key stakeholders.
o Identifying & project managing implementation teams at Philadelphia Works and among PA CareerLink® vendor staff.
o Testing and retesting the new platform to identify bugs in data migration and e-learning content functionality.
o Providing initial and ongoing training and technical assistance for CareerLink Center staff.
• Engage with user stakeholders throughout the technology adoption process, gaining buy-in through communications, training, and technical assistance.
• Assess and identify technical training needs of vendor staff; coordinate trainings; develop and distribute instructional materials to support users.
• Work alongside the LMS Vendor and the Philadelphia Works Communications Team to design and maintain a learning platform that is easily navigable and reflects Philadelphia Works branding.
• Develop standards for synchronous and asynchronous course quality.
• Work alongside the Data Systems and Information Management Teams to ensure integration between systems including APIs; develop and update reports.
• Map out and communicate processes to ensure consistent user account creation, calendar management, content adoption, reporting, etc.
• Troubleshoot technical issues with vendor-based admins, addressing relevant issues or pain points with the LMS vendor.
• Customize and update the user interface set-up for different audiences to ensure accessibility (ADA) and navigability.
• Provide basic help-desk-type support for end users.
Philadelphia Works, Inc is the City’s Workforce Development Board. We are a quasi-public, non-profit organization serving both career seekers and employers.? We invest public resources in a variety of workforce solutions.? These solutions connect Philadelphia residents with employment and training opportunities and help employers find, grow, and retain local talent. For more information about our dedicated board members and staff, workforce news, labor market data, services, innovative initiatives, and current opportunities to connect, please visit www.philaworks.org.
Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university in Instructional Design, Training Development or related field with previous experience launching or administering an LMS or similar software in an organization. Project Management and training in HTML5 Editing experience preferred. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
• Strong project management skills with a strategic mindset, in order to ensure the LMS platform design and available content aligns with the needs of Philadelphia career seekers and industry partners
• Strong critical-thinking, emotional intelligence, and change management skills, in order to effectively manage end user and key stakeholder relationships.
• Strong knowledge in Learning Management Systems or similar software
• Troubleshooting and customer service experience; technical assistance and end user support
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.