Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance! We're buzzing with talented professionals – and their pets! – who are helping us turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach.
We love people who come to work to create, collaborate and contribute – and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day. This is a fully remote temporary position.
This is a fully remote position. We are currently hiring Happiness Managers in the following states: CA, CT, CO, DE, FL, GA, IA, MA, NC, NE, NJ, NY, NV, OH, OR, PA and SC.
- Handle a high volume of incoming and outgoing calls (65+/day)
- Work with policyholders to understand and address all claim outcomes, billing and coverage inquiries
- Empathize and provide guidance to future customers and current policyholders
- Consistently maintain a positive outlook, focus, tone, and attitude
- Provide support to our policyholders over the phone, email and chat
- Troubleshoot policyholder issues and assist in the submission of claims
- Document all interactions within insurance compliance standards
- Must be able to work a 40-hour work week and be available to work shifts which could include evenings and weekends
- A minimum of two (2) years in a customer-facing role
- Bilingual desired, but not required (English/Spanish)
- Ability to work in a 100% remote, or work from home, capacity
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and operate multiple computer systems simultaneously
- Experience working in a call center or on the phones with customers preferred
- Proficient in applications such as phone applications, G-Suite applications and various Internet browsers
- Time management skills to independently complete your customer follow-ups while answering inbound calls
- Superior communication skills to work in a remote environment for collaboration with team members and support from managers
- Passionate about helping people and their pets through both the good and tough times
- Patience and confidence when working with policyholders who need an extra helping hand
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and effectively on the phone as well as in writing
- Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex, and sees the bigger picture
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
- Must be able to remain in a sedentary or stationary position for 90% of the work day (8 or 10 hour shift), constantly operating computer equipment
Home Office Requirements
- Subscription to reliable high-speed, hard-wired Internet connection (minimum of 100 Mbps download and 30 Mbps upload speed)
- Access to cable and phone lines from your home workspace or office
- A quiet, dedicated place to work in your home that is not easily disrupted by background noises or regular distractions
- Office workspace must be large enough to accommodate two 19” dual monitors, laptop, mouse, keyboard, phone and headset
- Ability to set up and connect (with instructions and remote IT team assistance) equipment that is shipped to your home
We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.