As a bartender, you must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A guest’s dinner and/or bar experience should be equally enjoyable and you play a major role in the overall picture. Remember, consistency is a key element in a positive experience. We achieve this by always following recipes. Your individual personality should shine through – use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
- Serves guest food and beverage quickly and courteously according to company specifications.
- Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons.
- Check identification of customers in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Collect money for drinks served. Balance cash receipts.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Arrive to work according to scheduled time, attired according to uniform standards.
- Coordinate with supervisor at the beginning of each shift to, receive assignments for setup and service.
- Complete bar or beverage station set – up as quickly and efficiently as possible, according to standard set – up guidelines.
- Check all stock against inventory list to ensure bar is fully stocked. Restock any items necessary.
- Verify opening and closing bank with a manager. Balance bar receipts.
- Arrange bar attractively and according to company standards. Maintain area cleanliness throughout each shift.
- Presents oneself in a professional manner at all times.
- Can and will assist guests with requests throughout their experience.
- Responsible for breaking down the bar after each shift according to Rhapsody’s guidelines.
- Shift is completed only when you are released from duty by the Manager.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Must attend monthly seminars and master presented information so as to successfully integrate it into customer service and operations management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school graduate desired or equivalent.
- Must have restaurant Point Of Sale experience
- Basic cash handling experience.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. •
- Must be age 21 or older.
- Must have basic knowledge of food, beer, wine, and spirits.
- Must be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently is required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The employee must be able to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 75 pounds
- Specific visions requirements include the ability to see at close range.
- Have the ability to remain stationary for long periods of up to six hours in length
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.
- May work in extreme heat (non-weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather).
- Noise level is low to moderate.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.