Job Title: CNC Operator
Department: Manufacturing - CNC Machines
FLSA: Non-Exempt: Hourly
Location: Nicholasville, KY
Reports to: Manufacturing Supervisor
Job Summary: Performs and operates simple to complex setups on one or several machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform inspections on parts according to the appropriate QAIP procedure.
• Perform preventative maintenance tasks on machines per manufacturer’s required scheduled routine checklist.
• Create an entire program for apart from stored methods in a timely manner.
• Evaluate and troubleshoot as necessary machine and tooling problems.
• Interpret and make inquiries concerning the physical sequencing routing, Bills of Materials, and part activity.
• Performs duties and responsibilities as described in the quality system.
• Perform other duties as requested by Supervisor in support of department goals.
• Power-up, home machine, enter offsets.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• High school diploma or equivalent. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk; and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee works near moving mechanical parts or machinery.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.