If you enjoy and fun and fast-paced workplace obsessed with hard work and exceptional guest service, you might enjoy working with Journeyman Distillery and our restaurant, Staymaker. We're a unique organization growing and expanding within our town of Three Oaks and beyond. Three Oaks is located just north of the Indiana and Michigan border. Don't forget they're reciprocating tax states! No doubling down on income tax!
At the Staymaker restaurant at Journeyman Distillery, we pride ourselves on providing well-rounded, efficient service. Dining at our Staymaker restaurant is more than just a meal. It is the guest's chance to break bread with us, to learn about the historic origins of our location, the philosophy behind our award-winning spirits, and our commitments to family, community, and the future. The Busser/Food Runner provides vital logistical assistance in setting up, delivering, and breaking down of proper utensils and high quality culinary dishes, allowing the necessary space for our Servers to cultivate, guide, and enhance a holistic experience for each and every guest. This role is also an excellent training ground for those with ambitions to become Staymaker Servers.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. To that end, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Unlimited $300 Referral Bonuses
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Founders' Tour with Bill and Johanna Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Shoes for Crews (Affordable Footwear)
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Promptly take food to table.
- Stock plates, boards, and bowls assigned to areas.
- Know food menu, ingredients, descriptions, allergens, and communicate appropriately with the kitchen.
- Monitor soups, pretzel cheese, and other condiments to ensure proper stock levels.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization, and customer service.
- Assist chef with expediting.
- Polish plates, silverware, and pizza boards.
- Stock area with appropriate liners, and to-go containers and condiments.
- Stock printer paper and ribbons in appropriate areas.
- Clean restaurant at the end of service and be sure to leave it in opening condition.
- Ensure that work stations are properly refilled at the end of every shift.
- Assist with special events as requested.
- Handle any problems that might arise both courteously and professionally.
- Nurture an excellent customer experience - understand and be prepared to communicate to guests our available food and beverage products, as well as Journeyman/Staymaker accommodations and services.
- Clear tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing.
- Promptly clean table tops, chairs, and booths between seating. Also including the railing around the still.
- Ensure all high chairs and booster seats are cleaned regularly and put away properly.
- Check floor and sweep clean as required.
- Reset and arrange table tops.
- Thank guests as they are leaving.
- Could be asked to wash dishes in the absence of a dishwasher and or as directed.
- Keep area stocked with rags and spray bottles throughout shift.
- Monitor trash cans to ensure that they have trash bags in them, trash removed if needed, and cleaned weekly.
- Ability to visually inspect food and beverage orders, read order forms and ensure that orders comply with the customer’s request.
- Ability to stand for 6-8 hours.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds of food trays carrying over their head constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.