Journeyman Servers average $28 per hour (annual average of wages and tips)!
Do you have a passion for creating unforgettable experiences through a unique blend of service and storytelling? Do you take pride in conveying the knowledge of the history, craft, and vision which make a business exceptional? Are you eager to grow with a unique and expanding organization?
Dining at our Staymaker restaurant is more than just a meal. It is the guest's chance to break bread with us, to learn about the historic origins of our location, the philosophy behind our award-winning spirits, and our commitments to family, community, and the future. As a Staymaker Server, your role will be to provide not only high quality culinary dishes and world-class spirits, but to cultivate, guide, and enhance a holistic experience for each and every guest.
Basic Function: Ensure that all newly seated guests receive immediate attention, take their orders and serve their food and beverage requests promptly and courteously. Ensure that members and guests are not ignored at any time throughout their dining experience.
At Journeyman Distillery, we believe hard work and dedication deserve to be rewarded. Along with excellent pay, we provide a comprehensive benefits and incentives package.
Here’s a peek at what you will receive as a Journeyman employee:
- Outstanding Growth Opportunity!
- Paid Time Off – begins accruing on Day 1
- 401(k) with Employer Match available Day 1
- Medical Insurance – 30+ hours/week
- Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance options – 20+ hours/week
- Free Monthly Bottle of Spirit (21+)
- Unlimited $300 Referral Bonuses
- Loyalty Incentives (ask about our 5-Year Bottle Reward!)
- 25% Employee Discount
- Monthly Founders' Tour with Bill and Johanna Welter
- Annual Employee Putting Competition
- 3 Annual Employee Parties
- Shoes for Crews (Affordable Footwear)
All team members must uphold and embody Journeyman’s Core Values which represent the culture, attitude, and immediate priorities ensuring our cohesion and success.
- Having a positive attitude that no challenge is too great
- Understanding that goals worth pursuing are never easy; that perseverance, grit, and determination are essential to success
- There is no substitute for grit and putting in the time and effort. Good things will come from those efforts
- 10,000-hour rule. Malcom Gladwell: it takes 10,000 hours of intensive practice to be great
ALWAYS A JOURNEYMAN
- Excellence is a lifelong pursuit and mastery is an illusion
- The joy is in the daily work and pursuit of excellence, not in the final destination
- A focus on continual improvement and doing our best
- Treating every customer with the mindset that they are the business’s 1st ever customer
- Treating customers with authenticity, kindness, warmth, care, friendliness; engaging, helpful and willing to offer a magical experience
- Clean facilities
- Being available to the customer and timely responses in any capacity
- This mindset extends to our vendors, suppliers, partners, and especially our fellow employees
- Never take the customer or employee for granted
- 362 and 59:59+ We are open to our customers 362 days a year and we set an unwavering standard of serving our customers up till the last closing second 59:59+ and beyond if needed.
- Taking pride and ownership in your work
- Engagement and active participation in your work and company activities
- Being a positive force in the workplace; creating a culture of positivity
- Extending common courtesy to self, employees, vendors, and guests
- Being an evangelist and promoter of the company and brand
- Prepares the tables, laying out the napkins and utensils, making sure the condiments are refilled, while performing all other preparation tasks (coffee, tea, etc.)
- Clears tables after guests. Take tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware etc. in appropriate areas for washing – separating plates, silverware, glasses and linens to designated areas.
- Promptly cleans table tops, chairs, and booths between seating. Also including the railing around the still.
- Stays up to date on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations, knowing if the kitchen is running out or low on any items.
- Gathers information on large parties, reservations, or events from the host.
- Assists in directing customers to their tables, present menus, suggest dishes, assist in drink selection, inform customers on food preparation details, and communicate specific customer needs to the cooks.
- Maintains proper dining experience, delivers items, fulfills customer needs, offers desserts and drinks, removes finished courses, replenishing utensils, and refilling water and soft drinks.
- Uses the proper garnishes, china, glassware and flatware for all food and beverages.
- Responsible for communicating guest food allergies to the kitchen as you become aware of them.
- Handle and count cash, make accurate change, record credit cards from guests, as well as member charges, as prescribed by the food and beverage manual.
- Responsible for ensuring work area(s) are stocked with items that will be needed while on shift.
- Assist with special events as requested.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work; may be required to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, up to 30 pounds frequently and up to 25 pounds of food trays carrying over their head constantly and performing such activities as bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting and grasping for up to five hours without sitting.
EDUCATIONAL, DEVELOPMENT AND WORK-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of food and beverage service preparation and operational procedures as would normally be acquired through a high school education and at least one year of relevant experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of state liquor laws as applied to food and beverage service operational practices and procedures as would be acquired through and at least one year of relevant experience preferred in progressively responsible position.
REQUIRED WORK HABITS:
- Work habits include regular attendance, team work, initiative, dependability, positive attitude and promptness.
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.