COME JOIN OUR GROWING ADULT SUPPORT SERVICES TEAM AND RECEIVE $1500 in SIGN-ON BONUSES!*
DSP certification not required. We will provide and pay for your training!
Pine Tree Society is urgently hiring positive and energetic people interesting in helping adults diagnosed with autism and intellectual disabilities develop the skills necessary to live healthy, socially connected lives.
If you enjoy exploring the community, seeking out new opportunities and adventures, and are looking for meaningful work where you make a difference in the lives of others every day, you just might LOVE working at Pine Tree Society!
Our program provides a stimulating environment with a focus on opportunities that promote independence and personal enjoyment for individuals who have disabilities.
As a Direct Support Professional at Pine Tree Society, you will assist and encourage participants to functional life skills and exercise-related goals while gaining independence in our day center as well as community-based settings. We emphasize the use of leisure time and participation in community or group activities of the individual’s choice. Some of these activities include picnics in the summer, bowling, and visits to the local libraries and museums. These activities are designed to provide socialization for the individuals.
Provides Direct Services to Person Served:
· Works on identifying needs while collaborating with other staff.
· Implements program and individual goals as prescribed by the Individual Service Plan (ISP).
· Tracks progress towards goals using standard data collecting procedures.
· Communicates pertinent information to home staff, guardians, and case managers.
· Attends meetings; writes daily documentation, meeting minutes, monthly progress reports, ISP, PCPs and oversees the upkeep of the individual’s clinical file.
· Assists with toileting and helps with personal care as needed.
· Transports persons served using either an agency vehicle or own personal vehicle.
· Acts as a positive role model for persons served.
· Supports with personal care and activities of daily living.
· Supports and encourages increased levels of achievement to individual’s potential.
· Reduces behaviors which interfere with achievement of established goals as prescribed by the ISP.
· Supervises persons served during fire drills or other such events.
· Abides by and enforces all safety rules. Works to ensure a clean, hazard-free environment.
· Supports the persons served while in community settings.
· Supports and provides individuals served with meaningful community activities that are of interest to them.
· Transports individuals and ensures their safety in the community.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefit package including health ($0-$55 premiums every 2 weeks), dental ($0 for team members), life, short-term disability (both Society-paid), and voluntary insurances as well as a generous paid time off (PTO) policy (15 days/year to start), 12 paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
*$500 will be granted after completion of conditional offer requirements and 30 days as a Society team member. An additional $1000 will be awarded after 6 months of continued and successful employment!
Rate of pay: $15.25 (without DSP certificate) or $15.50 (with DSP certificate)/hour
Some qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Should be computer literate.
· Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
· Exhibits compassion and patience and an understanding of diverse needs.
· Should role model a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
· Possess a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record, have a reliable vehicle with at least the state minimum automobile insurance coverage and the ability and willingness to travel and to off-site locations.
· Possess high school diploma or equivalent.
· Direct Support Professional (DSP) or College of Direct Support (CDS) certified or possess ability to become certified through online training.
· Personal Support Specialist (PSS) or Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) training preferred, but not required.