The Osborne Association serves individuals, families, and communities affected by the criminal justice system. Through our programs, we offer opportunities for people to heal from and repair harm, restore their lives, and thrive. We challenge systems rooted in racism and retribution and fight for policies and practices that promote true safety, justice, and liberation.
It is our shared belief and core value that we honor everyone’s capacity to change, celebrate our shared humanity, are united in our pursuit of justice and equity, when we make a commitment all possible steps are taken to keep our word, and we will continue to advocate for people and principles with fierce and tenacious determination, making us unstoppable.
We seek a competent, strategic individual to join our dynamic leadership team as the EVP of Development and Communications. The EVP of Development and Communications will be a trusted advisor to the CEO, participate in the long-term strategic planning for the organization, and ensure that fundraising and communication strategies are aligned. The EVP of Development and Communications brings an understanding of development best practices, brand strategy and management, cause marketing, corporate social responsibility, public-private partnerships, and public awareness and advocacy. Reporting to the CEO, the EVP of Development and Communications is a member of Osborne’s Senior Leadership Team and will collaboratively inform the organization’s strategic plan.
The position is split between 10% in office work and 90% remote work temporarily and is subject to change with or without notice.
- Serve as a vital member of the Executive Leadership Team with shared responsibility for achieving the organization’s vision and goals
- Manage the day-to-day administration of all Development operations, including direct supervision of the Development and Communication Team
- In partnership with the CEO, cultivate and steward meaningful relationships with Osborne’s Board of Directors, identifying pathways to enhance their contributions and engagement
- Create and maintain Osborne’s voice across all internal and external communications, presenting a consistent narrative to all stakeholder segments
- Maintain Osborne’s Brand identity, including supervision of and visioning for the Director of Communication and Communication Team to implement successful programmatic advocacy, and fundraising initiatives
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach consistently
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Lead and execute Osborne’s Development plan for raising annual operating income, increasing overall support, and diversifying revenue streams
- Manage the strategic participation of crucial staff, program participants and Board Members in cultivating and stewarding individual, foundation, corporate and other donors
- Communicate with Federal, State and County agencies regarding grant applications and awards; review grant award conditions and ensure compliance, record keeping and other grant requirements
- Own a portfolio of key strategic partnerships, individual donors, and/or institutional funders
- Oversee up-to-date calendar and work plans for all fund development efforts, including grant proposals and reports, mailings, marketing activity, and events
- In partnership with key staff, ensure that the donor database system is consistently updated and accurate
- Serve as an engaging external representative of Osborne, cultivating relationships with the Board, donors, and key organizational partners
- Lead and direct the execution of the annual Communication Plan, including strategic efforts to increase Osborne’s visibility, developing content, managing public and media relations, and identifying new opportunities while ensuring that all external materials align with and enhance Osborne’s brand
- In partnership with the Director of Communication, oversee the content creation on Osborne’s website and support a brand aligned social media strategy
- In collaboration with the Director of Communication, lead the agency wide Communication Calendar to ensure alignment across Programs, Advocacy, and Development
- In partnership with the organizational leadership, ensure alignment of all external messaging across Programs, Advocacy, Communications, and Fundraising and Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, English or related field
- 10+ years of progressive experience in fundraising and communications while cultivating and stewarding donor relationships
- Strong relationship builder and communicator with experience soliciting and closing gifts
- Experience leading diverse work teams, developing and executing an organization-wide strategy for excellence in external relations, engaging external partners, and partnering with a CEO and Board of Directors
- Track record of creating and implementing innovative solutions to meet organizational needs
- Proven ability to communicate, engage, and build relationships with community members and media representatives that demonstrates a commitment to social justice
- Ability to work autonomously and take the initiative in an innovative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the ever-evolving philanthropic landscape, specifically as it relates to individual donors, corporate partners, institutional funding, giving trends, and charitable contributions in the social justice and criminal justice reform space
- Impeccable communication and interpersonal skills; ability to translate complex ideas and strategies into clear, concise, and compelling narratives for various audiences and stakeholders
- Demonstrated awareness of incorporating racial/cultural/socioeconomic equity and justice into communications and interpersonal interactions
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Agility and endurance to navigate a large, complex organization
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage
- Proven and effective management and coaching experience
- Passion for criminal justice reform strongly preferred
Benefits of Working at Osborne
Generous benefits including four weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement, flexible work schedule, excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, and a 403(b) plan with a company match. Career development through ongoing training and individual development plans.
The Osborne Association is an EEO/Affirmative Action employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, unemployment status, or any other protected category. The Osborne Association takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Osborne Association. Be sure to include a cover letter with your application. No phone calls please. We wish we could personally respond to each application. However, we are unable to do so due to the volume of interest received.