Vertical Knowledge, a leader in the Alternative Data industry and provider of an end-to-end public data platform. Our Robotic Process Automation (RPA) framework automates internet-based tasks that support accurate, reliable and compliant alternative data from outside the enterprise. The Vertical Knowledge RPA framework platform is unique in offering the full range of RPA, Intelligent Automated Software (IAS) and Intelligent Automated Workflow (IAW) solutions to discover, connect, collect, enrich and integrate data from outside of the enterprise.
We enable our clients to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to discover, capture, and curate. Our clients demand excellence, innovation, and trust in our proprietary technology and methodologies to deliver them world-class data solutions for actionable insight.
We are seeking our first Product Leader to build out our Product Team from scratch, with an emphasis on formulating a new Product Strategy to take our already successful offerings and productize them for an expanded Enterprise Commercial Market. If you’re our ideal candidate, you’re well-versed in identifying market opportunities and crafting strategies to win, and you’ve worked with Data-as-a-Service before. You’ve also taken highly customized offerings and services and scaled them into products. In addition, you have deep experience in go-to-market strategies, packaging, and sales enablement.
You know what it means to have your ear to the ground, you have frameworks for building a data-driven product team, and you know how to take a successful company to the next level with the proper amount of strategy and organization. This role reports directly to the CEO.
- Working in concert with the executive leadership team to lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and creating business cases through market research, customer feedback, and other data
- Creating and driving the product vision and articulating the short- and long-term product strategy for the company, ensuring alignment with the product roadmap and the Vertical Knowledge vision
- Evaluating existing packaging and owning the organization of sales enablement materials for current and new offerings
- Owning the delivery and clear messaging of product strategy and goals to the company and ensuring timely delivery against them
- Growing a small team of high performing product managers through the product lifecycle and development processes
- Defining, prioritizing, and executing a flow of product enhancements and operational improvements designed to enhance revenue and efficiency
- Evaluating trade-offs, identifying and resolving issues that may impair your team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals
- Delivering outstanding customer experience across all products
- Developing and supporting a culture of innovation where teams constantly test new ideas
- Defining and leading product-related objectives and key results, analyzing and communicating performance, financial, and customer satisfaction metrics that demonstrate how well initiatives are meeting those objectives
- Developing a Voice of Customer process to solicit and gather direct feedback on products and features
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience owning a large product portfolio while increasing revenue, profitability, and market expansion
- Specific domain experience in product management of data collection and data management platforms
- Demonstrated track record in bringing cross-functional teams together and creating a strong, cohesive, and collaborative organization united in one vision
- Strong understanding of all facets of bringing a product to market, including market analysis, product-market fit, positioning strategy, MVP's, go-to-market strategy, pricing, testing, iterating based on feedback, etc.
- Ability to connect effectively and constructively with customers and sales teams to understand and articulate marketplace needs and to communicate our product capabilities and differentiators
- Leadership qualities and the ability to influence, inspire, and collaborate
- Proficient in the development of competitive assessments and positioning, product planning and roadmap definition, sales training and presentations
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate with C-level executives and work collaboratively with a driven leadership team
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs
- Problem solving, rational decision-making skills and strong ownership mindset
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills when determining how to best solve market challenges
- A data-driven mindset that supports A/B testing and prototype development to rapidly test assumptions
- 8+ years of experience in a senior management role leading or directing large scale SaaS products
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a minimum US DoD Secret Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (HQ)
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (HQ)
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to Careers@vk.ai. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.