The Shared Services Specialist is responsible for executing Academic Shared Services projects for Greenville University, focusing on supporting the college of professional studies. The specialist will report to the Director of Shared Services. The specialist will complete assigned projects and will perform various tasks, including annual reporting, data collection, project management, working with faculty, purchasing, payroll, and other duties as assigned.
The incumbent is expected to maintain regular business hours from 8:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday on campus, understanding that this position may benefit from flexible hours to meet the new department's unique needs. Any schedule changes must be reported and approved by the supervisor
- Responsible for a variety of academic projects for the college of professional studies
- Provide support in course management, including but not limited to course/syllabus requirements, communication with faculty/adjuncts, course evaluations, advising assistance, course fees, etc.
- Prepare reports such as student enrollment, assessment, etc.
- Assist with gathering data and supporting documents for various reports
- Support the process for hiring, contracting, submitting payroll, and on-boarding logistics for adjunct faculty
- Hire, supervise and complete timecard approval for student workers
- Purchase and keep inventory (textbooks, technology, equipment, and office supplies)
- Assist faculty with textbook adoption and eCampus tasks
- Take and keep records of meeting minute notes for departmental meetings
- Write, edit, build and publish a range of communications directed to students and faculty regarding projects via email, web, print, and social media
- Ensure project activities are adequately documented. The documentation will clearly define actions, the sequence of events, work effort, duration, and associated resource requirements
- Organize and facilitate event planning and experiential learning opportunities for students within the college
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor, a Masters, preferred
- 2-3 years of office, customer service or higher education experience preferred
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology.
- Expert written/oral communication skills; ability to interact with tact and diplomacy; ability to manage many simultaneous projects/details; Attention to detail; Ability to prioritize; Organizational and planning skills; Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently in a higher education environment with minimal supervision
- Sense of humor, optimism, commitment to inclusion, ability to collaborate with and work across departments
Greenville University's Mission:
Greenville University is liberal arts University that empowers students for lives of character and service through a transforming Christ-centered education in the liberal arts, sciences, and professional studies.
Our hiring practices reflect our commitment to be a Christ-centered institution.
Greenville University's Commitment to Diversity:
It is the policy of Greenville University not to discriminate on the basis of age, color, ethnic or national origin, disability, race, gender or prior military service in its educational programs, admissions or employment policies. Greenville University is committed to an environment of cultural and ethnic diversity; women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
The university is located 50 miles east of St. Louis in an attractive residential community of approximately 7,000 people. Greenville was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Free Methodist Church yet draws students from 40+ denominations. For additional information, please visit our website: www.greenville.edu.