Axial Healthcare is actively seeking a Director of Behavioral Health for a rapidly growing Healthcare IT company. Our mission is to improve the well-being of patients in pain, while creating value for our partners. We are focused on solving complex pain and opioid therapy related problems through the power of big data using advanced and predictive analytics. Our partners are health plans and ACOs. Axial Healthcare has a proprietary product suite founded on evidence-based pain management principles. The Director of Behavioral Health is fundamental in supporting our product line to enhance pain care and prescriptive behaviors.
Clinically trained behavioral health professional with passion to improve pain care, decrease opioid use, abuse and diversion. Highly motivated with direct patient care experience in chronic pain and opioid management. Lead a team of highly skilled behavioral health professionals including but not limited to professionals trained in counseling, social work, and psychology. Able to handle a fast-paced work environment with agility and flexibility to meet business needs. A proactive self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team. This position is full-time and provides competitive salary and benefits. Relocation assistance available to those that meet core qualifications.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Creates and implements strong behavioral health strategy including vision and goal setting, team growth, value capture, and operational excellence.
- Provide behavioral health expertise and influence across teams as well as externally to ensure aligned, cohesive progress across technology, marketing and service operations.
- Identify and analyze local market trends, service gaps and the development of mitigation strategies aligned with our strategic priorities.
- Assists in establishing effective operational practices and works closely with various teams to ensure contracts meet operating, financial and legal standards.
- Works closely with data analytics team and develops specific actions to manage medical and behavioral health cost trends.
- Coordinates closely with health plan partners in meeting service objectives and community needs.
- Develops, reviews, and approves protocols and documents which provide information and program justification.
- Collect and deliver required clinical operations customer reporting as well as develop action plans to address performance issues.
- Educates and enhances relationships within the provider community, including individual providers and groups.
- Identifies and assesses opportunities to improve results, communications and operating efficiencies.
- Communicates with the stakeholders through presentations, written materials and direct interactions.
- Responsible for overseeing regulatory compliance with laws, regulations and policies that govern behavioral health aspects of all lines of business.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by leadership. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring considerable creativity, originality and ingenuity.