The Director of Driver Recruiting and Development provides executive-level leadership and guidance to the organization’s safety, training, and recruiting teams. The Director of Driver Recruiting and Development is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating recruiting and development policies, procedures, best practices, and identifying and implementing long-range strategic driver recruiting goals. Hill Bros is a lean 200+ truck operation where Directors are required to work across a wide spectrum from developing high level strategy to fill in on the front line as needed to keep the business moving.
Identifies key performance indicators for the organization’s safety and driver recruiting functions; assesses the organizations success and market competitiveness based on these metrics.
Manage monthly and annual spending and budgets for safety, development and recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
Researches, develops, and implements competitive compensation, benefits, performance appraisal, and employee incentive programs for safety and driver recruiting.
Provides guidance and leadership to the safety and driver recruiting teams; assists with resolution of hiring and safety questions, concerns, and issues.
Ensures compliance with employment, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
Manage a recruiting staff making high call volume to deliver weekly organization goals of qualified drivers.
Design driver advertising and marketing campaigns to generate driver lead volume to meet goals.
Design manage and implement Hill Bros Driver qualification class.
Design manage develop and grow a competitive CDL Driver Finishing program.
Manage an effective Driver Safety team and program
Manage Driver development projects such as a potential CDL School or Enhanced Finishing Program
Develop and grow a safety culture
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Oversee and direct the practice of assessing company compliance and operational risks; develop risk management strategies.
- Direct the monitoring of the programs to ensure their effectiveness, providing or directing employee training on compliance related topics, policies or procedures.
- Be knowledgeable of company policies, Department of Transportation (DOT) rules and regulations, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws.
- Oversee guide and manage the Hill Bros Safety Director and team to accomplish company goals.
- Review and evaluate driver applicant qualifications for eligibility according to established safety and HR guidelines.
- Set recruiting goals for department; communicate with recruiting personnel the number of drivers needed to fulfill company goals and expectations.
- Ensure Recruiting Department Team is aware, focused and directed to achieve department and company goals.
- Develop, design and conduct the driver qualification process to ensure all driver recruits meet Hill Bros Safety and HR standards.
- Ensure Recruiters are fully educated on recruiting bonus structure, and all Driver safety and HR standards.
- Research, select and administer advertising campaign(s) for drivers
- Monitor and evaluate recruiting department personnel as needed; set standards for performance and hold personnel accountable
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, and implementing recruiting programs.
- Actively coordinate, communicate and cooperate with department heads to achieve company safety and business goals
- Communicate and enforce safety rules and regulations across the company
- Comply with and set an example in support of company policies and procedures
- Consistently report to work as required and complete normal work hours
- Salesmanship – ability to drive high outbound call volume and influence potential drivers
- Leadership – Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Management Skills – Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others in a sales environment as well as a compliance environment.
- Mathematical Aptitude – Has ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Working Under Pressure – Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations while maintaining perspective and composure.
- Research Skills – Ability to design and conduct a systematic, objective, and critical investigation.
- Interpersonal – Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Active Listening – Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written – Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making – Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Follow Through – The act of continuing a plan, project, task, or the like to its completion to make sure the situation is resolved and appropriate individuals are updated.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor’s Degree (4 year college or technical school) or Work Equivalent; Field of Study: Business
2+ years of experience in a management role in transportation or logistics
Previous experience with social media and wed based advertising is required
Previous experience managing and optimizing google analytics is required
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Tenstreet Driver recruiting software experience preferred
Data analysis and interpretation skills preferred
Ten Street Driver recruiting software experience preferred
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.