Laird Norton Wealth Management, the Pacific Northwest’s largest independent wealth management firm, is seeking a full-time Database Developer to join our team. Located in downtown Seattle, LNWM is dedicated to helping high-net-worth individuals and families manage, preserve, invest, grow, and eventually distribute their wealth.
The SQL Database Developer is a key member of the Technology team responsible for managing database integration and reporting across the firm. The ideal candidate is a technology generalist who has expertise in SQL database management, SQL reporting, analysis, and data integration.
The Database Developer’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing Data and Reporting: The position will support the company’s data requirements which include on-premises and cloud database management, data modeling, and report creation. The role supports one or more data warehouses, ETL/data integration processes, report creation, visualizing data through interactive dashboards, and development of solutions using SSRS, SSIS, SQL, Power BI, Excel macros / Power Query and PowerShell.
- Implementing New Solutions: In addition to data management this position will be responsible for leading data driven projects. This might include large projects such as integrating 2 or more vendor platforms or smaller projects such as rolling out new reporting to meet specific user requirements.
- Managing Data Across Platforms: This position will maintain new and existing ETL jobs, develop methods to integrate data into a data warehouse or integrate data using a vendor provided tools.
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- Hands-on experience in a small to medium sized business
- 5 years relevant experience
- Microsoft SQL or equivalent certification a plus
Skills and Attributes
- Self-starter who loves to help people by providing technical solutions to business problems.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in database design, data warehousing, data modeling, ETL/data integration, SQL administration, T-SQL programming.
- Familiarity with scripting and languages such as PowerShell
- Experience with Tibco / Scribe or similar tools a plus
- Ability to work in a team environment, demonstrating approachability, and always working toward success of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills as evidenced by ability to work professionally with end users, developing solutions that address business requirements.
- Portrays a professional company image both internally and externally.
- Excels in an environment where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values.
Candidates must meet all employment qualifications in effect at time of hiring, including successful passing of pre-employment background and credit checks.
Benefits: Laird Norton Wealth Management offers excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage, generous time off, flexible spending plans for health care and dependent care, 401(k) plan, paid transportation pass, and more.