The Health Coach and Wellness Coordinator assists in the planning, development, implementation and monitoring of company-wide health and wellbeing initiatives for clients. In addition to health coaching, this position promotes and markets wellness programs to target populations and performs research on relevant topics in health promotion, disease prevention, and lifestyle medicine.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Performs targeted outreach to at-risk employees
- Performs in person and telephonic/virtual coaching sessions
- Helps individuals of all backgrounds and life stages recognize counterproductive behaviors and coaches them to discover new methods to move more, eat better and make healthier decisions for themselves and their families.
- Leverages key tools to promote behavior change and helps create a foundation for a healthy lifestyle
- Develops programs that create awareness and motivation, and provides tools to employees that help them adapt and maintain a holistic, healthy lifestyle
- Develops lifestyle change plans that are custom tailored to each individual and/or group
- Appropriately refers employees to employer resources when appropriate (i.e. EAP, tobacco cessation etc.)
- Assists in planning, implementation and executing well-being programs, activities and challenges to engage employees
- Develops and executes health promotion campaigns utilizing multiple communication channels including online and mailers
- Assists in developing and presenting creative content for lunch and learn presentations, educational webinars and workshops covering various health and wellbeing topics
- Facilitates communication between LHD, employer group and wellbeing providers
- Tracks and reports programs and activities as necessary
- Assists with health fairs and other relevant events
- Participates in and proactively contributes to wellbeing committee meetings while creating program buy-in and support through all levels of the organization.
Confidentiality: This position has access to highly confidential information, which will require exceptional confidentiality to
protect the privacy of clients and their employees and families as well as LHD’s intellectual property.
Independent Action: Must be able to make decisions concerning responsibilities with regard to priority and be disciplined and
organized in the efficient use of time.
Judgment: This position displays a willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes
the appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Work Environment: This position will be required to perform a variety of tasks, work under general supervision and must be
able to manage competing demands.
Contacts: This position will have contact with staff at all levels within the organization.
Internal/External Customers: The position must be able to communicate well with all LHD employees, external clients, and employees at all levels
- High Integrity, trustworthy and dependable
- Organized and able to multi-task
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Passionate about health and wellbeing
- Internally driven and self-motivated
- Strong communicator and collaborator