The Board and Relationship Specialist provides direct client and project support to the Philanthropic Advancement professional team, specifically focusing on the Investments department and the professional team serving institutional/nonprofit clients. The direct client support includes coordination and preparation for meetings with clients and prospective clients (calendaring, communication, materials and follow up) in direct service to the Relationship Managers. The support for the Investments department includes support and coordination of financial reports, presentations, and investment materials shared with FFTC clients, senior leadership and volunteer Boards and Committees.
In addition to the broad client support, this position will be the lead support function for a portfolio of significant FFTC Boards and select clients, including FFTC’s Investment Committee and several large institutional clients organized as supporting organizations of FFTC. This board support includes the facilitation of governance, legal, accounting, and administrative responsibilities, and coordination/execution of annual service contracts for applicable clients.
The Specialist plays a key role on the Philanthropic Advancement Team by supporting programming and events, particularly those connected with investments, corporate philanthropy and nonprofit services.
This position requires a strong command of financial and investment language and concepts, high attention to detail, and strong relationship skills. The position will be supporting a number of professional team members and as such, must be organized, a self-starter and adept at prioritizing and executing a variety of responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Relationship Management Support
- Serve as contact for client relationships of FFTC – receiving calls, answering questions, sending packets and routing inquiries to the appropriate contacts internally
- Support relationship managers in client inquiries, troubleshooting and basic customer service; serve as a point of contact for select clients in support of relationship managers
- Collaborate with the Donor Relations team to hand off client servicing issues or to take a more active role in interacting with the donors, as appropriate
- Assist with the preparation for prospect meetings and annual philanthropic reviews with assigned clients in support of Relationship Managers (preparing PowerPoints, relationship summaries, fund statements and investment performance)
- Engage with Philanthropic Advancement team to create and execute a robust calendar of events
- Work with Philanthropic Advancement and Marketing/Communications teams to identify and capture fundholder stories and other FFTC initiatives
- Support the team to identify, prioritize and execute calling strategies for clients and prospects, as requested
- Provide administrative and project support to the supervisors (expense reports, calendaring)
- Prepare spreadsheets, presentations, forms and other documentation for review and signature as needed
Investment Team Support
- Coordinate regular review, update and dissemination of investment materials for client use including one-on-one meetings, website or group settings
- Monthly and quarterly financial report generation and analysis (as needed) including Financial Edge reports and updating marketing investment collateral
- Assist in creation and dissemination of client facing updates regarding the investment portfolios (i.e. new pool options, fee changes, or interim reporting)
- Coordinate and execute regular investment webinars for FFTC client base, and client programming for institutional /nonprofit client group
- Direct interface with FFTC investment consultant, Mercer, for specific client contracts, reporting inquiries and regular reporting responsibilities, investment webinars and calendaring for client and committee meetings
- Support for investment team for contract and compliance document review and execution for FFTC and related entities
- Create standard monthly PowerPoint slides and reports regarding investment performance
Board Management Support
- Provide lead support function for FFTC Investment Committee, and key client boards and committees, including the Greater Charlotte Cultural Trust, Queens University of Charlotte Endowment and the Foundation For the Mint Museum (all organized as supporting organizations of FFTC), and others as assigned
- Board support includes scheduling board and planning meetings, preparing materials, meeting setup and breakdown (including catering needs), taking minutes, tracking governance and other requirements, orienting and onboarding new members, database entry, and monitoring of annual compliance, accounting or investment requirements.
- Preparation of meeting materials to include agendas, board packets, community updates, investment reports
- Track and manage matters related to governance, legal, & accounting requirements to include coordination of compliance requirements & new board member training
- Interact directly with key clients, client representatives and volunteer leadership
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.