Looking for a summer internship? The Accounting Intern is responsible to support the general accounting function including: preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, A/P and A/R dispute resolution, cost control, project control, and ad-hoc reports, etc. They support all levels of management, employees, customers, external auditors, and vendors. The duties require analytical ability, adherence to processing schedules, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Assist in monthly closings.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts, resolving discrepancies/issues, including proactively resolving accounting issues.
- Process intercompany transactions.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports as required by management.
- Assist with AP / AR accounting and dispute resolution.
- Provide interim and year-end audit assistance.
- Ensure compliance with SOX.
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Complete special projects as assigned.