The Senior Vice President of Research supports the Chief Impact Officer in identifying and guiding PLTW’s overall impact and research agenda in support of PLTW’s strategic initiatives. This role leads PLTW’s internal and external efforts to collect, analyze, and disseminate timely and meaningful data aligned to achievement of PLTW’s strategic objectives. The SVP of Research will partner with leaders across functional areas to help identify the business implications of impact and research while ensuring organizational alignment on relevant aspects of the impact and research agenda. The SVP of Research will display a passion for PLTW’s mission and facilitate a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
This role outlines and delivers on PLTW’s impact and research agenda in a way that strengthens PLTW’s position nationally while furthering equity and access to PLTW learning experiences.
• Determine areas of research to increase knowledge about PLTW programs, student impacts, teacher professional development, and related topics
• Identify sources of funding, prepare research proposals, and submit funding applications in support of PLTW’s impact and research agenda and in coordination with the Chief Impact Officer, the Impact Team, and other PLTW leaders
• Collect, organize, and analyze a range of data sources collected by PLTW through student and teacher surveys with an emphasis on continuous improvement of PLTW products and achievement of organizational impact goals
• Interpret data analysis results and draw inferences and conclusions through work with internal and external researchers and in alignment with PLTW’s impact and research agenda
• Present research results and analysis both internally and externally in an effort to advance PLTW’s mission and achievement of North Star goals;
• Use research results to write reports, papers and reviews and present findings in journals and conferences
• Collaborate with research teams, industry stakeholders, government agencies and others as appropriate and in alignment with Impact Team and organizational goals
• Bachelor’s degree in education, science, or related field required, advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Experience as an educational, assessment, or research leader
• Demonstrated experience in building external networks to advance objectives and presence of an organization
• Experience in and advanced knowledge of education policy and initiatives
• Progressively challenging research experience in the public or private sectors
• Track record of success as a team leader and collaborator who thrives on innovative approaches that can move a business or organization forward
• Strong critical, strategic, and analytical skills with strong business acumen
• Exceptional public speaking, writing, editing and verbal communication skills
• Results-oriented with the ability to lead change initiatives and work cross-functionally to achieve goals, meeting demands of both long-term projects and urgency of immediate matters
• Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing departmental strategies
• Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence" and to coordinate multiple internal and external partners.