Stavros is hiring a n experienced professional for the position of Human Resources Manager.
Our mission at Stavros is to help persons with disabilities and Deaf people develop the tools and skills they need to take charge of their own lives. We accomplish this through programs and services designed to meet the needs of persons of any age or disability as they work to achieve the life goals that are important to them.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resources department, and works closely with senior management to support staff development, employee goodwill and overall business needs. This position is part of the Stavros Leadership Team.
- Administer HR plans and procedures for all of the organization; develop and implement policies and procedures; prepare and maintain the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Manage leave of absence administration including state and federal leaves
- Coach and assist managers and supervisors with HR related best practices and procedures.
- Administer compensation and performance evaluation programs and revise as necessary.
- Perform benefit plan administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, provide benefits information to employees.
- Coordinate and conduct recruitment and selection effort for exempt and non-exempt staff.
- Handle employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Participate in Leadership Team meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain employee files, human resource information system records and compile HR related reports.
- Assist in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Plan staff training and events, and biannual general meetings.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Occasional travel to Stavros sites and local events/meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, experiences, and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education/experience
- Minimum of Three (3) years of Human Resources experience, preferably as a solo HR Manager and in a non-profit environment
- HR Certification preferred
- Dedication to serving individuals with disabilities. Professional demeanor working with consumers, staff, Board of Directors and the general public
- Ability to lead, inspire and influence others.
- Ability to create, implement and maintain a full range of HR related systems and programs.
- Ability to positively influence the actions and options of individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to project plan and follow-through
- Proficient MS Office skills, payroll/accounting software experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive employee and business information
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE