Ricardo Strategic Consulting (RSC) is a boutique consulting firm focused on automotive and transportation strategy, that combines over a century of technical experience with business strategy expertise to deliver value for our clients. Located at our office in Van Buren Twp., Michigan, RSC is currently seeking to hire a highly motivated Business Analyst (BA). At RSC, we deliver tangible results to our clients, so we recruit people who will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Our entrepreneurial working style and the size of our firm allow our BAs to become an integral part of the team immediately and to have an impact early on in their careers at RSC.
The Business Analyst will focus on the analysis of issues and challenges faced by today’s businesses, contributing to the design and development of innovative strategies as well as delivering market and product knowledge for our clients. Typical assignments include competitive intelligence gathering, voice of the customer / market activities, aptitude for analyzing large databases of information, conducting financial and market analysis, developing client presentations and supporting clients with implementing the resulting recommendations.
Support clients (internal / external team) on a wide variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- Operations strategy: design and commercial cost reduction, sourcing strategy development and execution, manufacturing process assessment
- New product development, market entry research and strategy development
- Assessing market drivers and customer needs as part of product strategy development
- Competitive benchmarking of products and technologies: cost estimation, performance benchmarking, life cycle cost analysis, overall business model review
- Technology assessment, road mapping and adoption scenario modeling / forecasting
- Due diligence engagements for leading early stage venture funds, private equity clients to help assess investments in the energy and transportation sectors
- Designing and creatively executing qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary research through available and new unique information sources
- Creating quantitative data models from large data sets to analyze, discover insights and develop custom-made strategies for clients
- Communicating findings and insights to the internal team and to the client verbally and through presentations / reports
- Working with experienced consultants on a variety of projects
- Supporting senior leadership team in business development activities, as required
- Engaging in overall RSC marketing activities by being active in authoring white papers, industry publications and presenting at market specific conferences