NJI Media, a digital creative agency based in Old Town Alexandria, is looking for a strong Drupal developer. This individual will work closely with other developers and our design team to build and develop high performance, highly scalable, custom websites. He or she will also support, extend and/or enhance existing codes, identify areas in the user experience that can be improved, and deliver solutions from start to finish. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to continue improving his or her skill sets and to stay on the cutting edge of Drupal and WordPress web development.
The ideal candidate is able to quickly, independently, and precisely build a Drupal website from design assets and functional documentation. Maintenance and updates to existing sites also factor into the responsibilities of this position.
Required Professional Skills:
- Attention to Detail – You must be naturally precise, and you must take genuine, personal pride in being meticulous about your craft
- Communication – Our operational style emphasizes flexibility and encourages autonomy. As a result, uncommonly good common sense, and exceptional communication skills are absolutely indispensable for every team member
- Time Management – We know that nothing is ever ‘done’. The proven ability to manage your time sensibly and proportionately with project priorities is critical
Ideal Front-end Experience:
- HTML – Demonstrated correct and semantic application of markup, including headers, lists, forms, etc
- CSS – Mastery of clean and organized styling techniques, including responsive techniques. Knowledge of graceful degradation/progressive enhancement approaches to browser support
- jQuery – Capable of leveraging jQuery to modify existing UI behaviors and interactions and to create brand new interactions from scratch
- Sketch/Adobe XD - Strong knowledge on creating a site from Sketch and/or AD files
Ideal Back-end Experience:
- Drupal – Demonstrated experience installing and developing quality sites in Drupal 7 and 8. Proficient in custom Drupal modules development, theming, key contributed modules and core API. Ability to architect and develop enterprise Drupal solutions including data, display, and information architecture
- PHP5 – Very strong with PHP syntax and features. Understand variables, constants, arrays, loops, internal functions, PHP configurations, error logging/reporting, and OOP principles
- MySQL – Knowledge of schemas, tables, users and privileges, principles of relational databases, and SQL commands. Able to migrate legacy data from unlike management systems
- Analytics – Familiar with implementing and evaluating results from metric gathering technologies such as Google Analytics
- MVC – Good grasp of the MVC architectural pattern.
Additional Skills: These are not required, but would be considered plusses:
- Wordpress custom plugins and custom themes
- Git, SVN, or other version control systems
- Docker, Lando
- Sass, SCSS.
- Gulp/Grunt, Bower package manager
- APIs and Web Services – Experience working with APIs, and creating and consuming web services, using SOAP and REST protocols
- SSL – Experience requesting and installing certificates, directing traffic through secure ports, and encrypting protected data
- XML – Understand how to properly structure and use XML for transferring data
- Other technologies such as NGINX, PHP–FPM, APC, Memcache, Varnish, and CDN.
• Familiarity with public policy and ability to “get smart” quick on various issues
• Experience with project management programs like Monday.com and Asana.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.