NJI Media, a digital creative agency based in Old Town Alexandria, is looking for a strong Drupal developer. This individual will work closely with other developers and our design team to build and develop high performance, highly scalable, custom websites. He or she will also support, extend and/or enhance existing codes, identify areas in the user experience that can be improved, and deliver solutions from start to finish. Our ideal candidate will have a strong desire to continue improving his or her skill sets and to stay on the cutting edge of WordPress web development.
The ideal candidate is able to help with Wordpress Maintenance and updates to existing Wordpress sites. Also factor into the responsibilities of this position.
Required Professional Skills:
- Attention to Detail – You must be naturally precise, and you must take genuine, personal pride in being meticulous about your craft
- Communication – Our operational style emphasizes flexibility and encourages autonomy. As a result, uncommonly good common sense, and exceptional communication skills are absolutely indispensable for every team member
- Time Management – We know that nothing is ever ‘done’. The proven ability to manage your time sensibly and proportionately with project priorities is critical
Ideal Front-end Experience:
- HTML – Demonstrated correct and semantic application of markup, including headers, lists, forms, etc
- CSS –Ability to clean and organize styling techniques, including responsive techniques. Knowledge of graceful degradation/progressive enhancement approaches to browser support.
Ideal Back-end Experience:
- Wordpress – Demonstrated experience installing and developing quality sites in Wordpress. Ability to work within custom Wordpress Plugin development and theming.
- PHP5 – Has a good understanding of PHP syntax and features. Understand variables, constants, arrays, loops, internal functions, PHP configurations, error logging/reporting, and OOP principles.
- Analytics – Familiar with implementing and evaluating results from metric gathering technologies such as Google Analytics.
- MVC – Good grasp of the MVC architectural pattern.
Additional Skills: These are not required, but would be considered plusses
- Drupal custom modules and custom themes.
- Git, SVN, or other version control systems.
- Docker, Lando
- Sass, SCSS.
- Gulp/Grunt, Bower package manager.
- APIs and Web Services – Experience working with APIs, and creating and consuming web services, using SOAP and REST protocols.
- SSL – Experience requesting and installing certificates, directing traffic through secure ports, and encrypting protected data.
- XML – Understand how to properly structure and use XML for transferring data.
- Other technologies such as NGINX, PHP–FPM, APC, Memcache, Varnish, and CDN.
- Familiarity with public policy and ability to “get smart” quick on various issues
- Experience with project management programs like Monday.com and Asana.
Oh, and thanks for reading this all the way through. To be clear, we’re not interested in hearing from recruiters, recruiters who claim not to be “recruiters,” headhunters, or staffing companies.