This role is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of AWS solutions. This role will act as the centralized support system for back-end site reliability, cloud architecture, security, CI/CD pipelines, and alerting/monitoring strategies. This role will develop and standardize the back-end services of the Enterprise web application.
- Mentor and grow back-end infrastructure developers.
- Use performance, problems, and solutions to ensure a successful infrastructure team.
- Review new hire performance with reviews at 30, 60, and 90 days.
- Fix and resolve major, urgent issues as necessary.
- Develop and execute monthly infrastructure strategies.
- Manage daily workload for the team using Agile
- Responsible for design, development, and implementation of Cloud solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Develop, maintain, and scale infrastructure for the Enterprise
- Develop and maintain Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
- Responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response of our services.
- Develop and maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Develop and maintain cloud-based monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Provide leadership and guidance for the development teams on best practices and approaches.
- Mentor and coach other developers.
- Develop and standardize back-end services.
- Team Oriented
- Takes Direction
- Follow Processes
- Data Driven
- Project Management Skills
- Strong Organization Skills
- Communication Proficient
- Proven Ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Can handle multiple tasks at a time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms; with occasional lifting.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Track your own hours both honestly and accurately
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- High level experience in back end programming languages, PHP is a plus.
- High level experience working with or developing an API structured website.
- Experience supporting production AWS environments.
- High level experience with AWS Services including Lambda, EC2, ECS, ECR, API Gateway, CodePipeline, S3, RDS, CloudFront, CloudWatch, SQS, IAM, Cognito, ElastiCache.
- High level experience with package/resource management, PHP composer is a plus.
- High level experience with Docker.
Ability to type over 50 adjusted words per minute
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.