STATUS: Non- Exempt
SUPERVISOR: Director for Finance
The Fiscal Specialist is responsible for primarily assisting the fiscal office and secondarily the human resources office.
Associate degree in accounting or related field
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a business office environment, including experience using computer and/or database systems
- Additional appropriate education or experience may be substituted for the experience or education requirements stated above.
- Performs data entry on the agency’s accounting, posting journal entries, budgets and budget amendments as directed.
- Completes weekly processing of all Harmon Temporary Associates and Youth Worker Payroll.
- Assembles and distributes weekly Harmon and Youth payroll.
- Creates weekly Journal Entries for Harmon and Youth payroll.
- Maintains files on agency’s D&O, property and general liability insurance policies, contracts, leases, and rent agreements.
- Maintains certificates of insurance for the agency’s Weatherization and Mediation Programs and requests other certificates of insurance as required.
- Maintains files of all agency leases – equipment and sites.
- Maintains allocation tables for agency property and general liability insurance, equipment leases, postage and photocopiers.
- Prepares monthly credit card report for the Board of Directors and Head Start Policy Council.
- 2 Revised 4.2018
- Maintain, pay and reconcile agency’s debit and credit cards as follows: Distributes monthly debit card and credit card statements to cardholders, collects card charges back-up and reconciles card statements.
- Assist in maintaining 393 Main St. Condo Association’s Quickbooks files including invoicing and paying bills.
- Assists Billing and AR Specialist with monthly billing and contract execution, supporting documentation, mailing and filing.
- Assists with filing for fiscal and human resources offices.
- Assists Finance Director, Assistant Finance Director and Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Accounts Payable staff as needed.
- Assists with other agency-wide projects as assigned by the Finance Director.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development activities and team meetings.
- Attend mandatory agency trainings and other relevant trainings.
- Performs related work as required.
- Comply with agency and funders’ paperwork requirements and procedures.
This does not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Proficient computer skills: using a mouse, email
- Extensive Knowledge of MS Excel and Word required.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Excellent organizational skills a must.
- Must be able to work at the employer‘s job site, do work that is primarily data driven and computer based, and work in a business office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires sitting for long periods of time.
- Working in an office environment.
- Some bending and stretching required.
- Use of telephone required.
- Some lifting required – 20-40 lbs.
- Manual dexterity required for use of calculator and computer keyboard.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of Criminal Offender Record check (C.O.R.I.) prior to hire and every three years.