The Human Resources Manager will ensure all human resources (HR) functions are executed strategically and effectively. Responsible for developing HR strategies and providing sound advice to senior management on all related subjects. Must be an experienced professional with knowledge of all HR functions. Responsible for 2-4 direct reports in HR and administrative functions.
- Develops and implements human resources strategies that align with organizational strategies in the areas of talent acquisition & staffing, compensation, health & welfare benefits, training and development, records management, succession planning, employees relations, retention, and EEO compliance. May support health, safety and worker’s compensation.
- Manages human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and facilitating discipline where appropriate; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing staff job contributions. Maintaining compensation model and programs.
- Serves as a business partner for the local Warehouse Leadership Team in planning, monitoring, and the appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; Assist managers with coaching, disciplinary processes and ensures appropriate documentation. Similarly support additional centralized functions located or co-located at Wrightstown location.
- Develop and implement strategic Human Resource strategic solutions to meet workforce demands and labor force trends.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Embody Mission, Vision & Core Values
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; facilitating and reviewing correspondence, designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply purchases, assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Manages employee benefit programs.
- Manages HR/Payroll Paylocity system including Onboarding and Benefits Modules. Additional HR-related modules to be implemented.
- Manages leave of absence processes (PTO, etc).
- Manages HR and some administrative staff. Accountable for leading and developing team.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Emotional intelligence
- Critical/Analytical thinking
- Excellent communicator
- Ethical behavior and standards
- Leadership & Decision Making
- Strategic alignment
- Results oriented / drive for performance: Ability to link processes and practices to positive outcomes and demonstrate the value that HR brings to the organization.
- Shaping organizational culture: Creating and maintaining the values by which an organization operates.
- Technological savvy: Knowledge of the unique solutions and challenges that new technology will bring to the organization and understanding of how talent management will be affected by a technologically enhanced business environment.
- Organization Skills
- Promoting Process Improvement
0-10% Travel for training and offsite meetings
Ability to sit and stand appropriately for 8 or more hours at a time. Occasionally lift up to 25-50lbs.
Exempt; Full-time salaried position typically 50 hours minimum per week.
Bachelor’s Degree: Human Resources or Business Administration
- 6+ years experience
- Management experience, preferred
Certificates & Licenses
- Professional certification in Human Resources is desired
Please note that this is the base requirements and job description for positions listed and can require additional duties as needed by the company.