Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is seeking a full-time experienced Legal Administrative Assistant for our Tampa office. The LAA will perform a wide variety of legal administrative duties. Major duties include providing comprehensive and efficient administrative and secretarial support, preparing, proofreading, and editing correspondence of legal documents, and calendar management to include scheduling court appearances and depositions.
Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years of experience as a legal administrative assistant with a focus on litigation. Trial experience and preparation is highly preferred as well as a background in Federal Court and IP Litigation.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate professionalism, confidentiality, initiative, flexibility, organizational skills, client service skills and the ability to be proactive. Qualified candidates must also possess mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as electronic document management systems. The ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks based on business needs is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Experience in E-filing documents with Federal and Florida State Courts
• Scheduling of Court appearances and depositions; calendaring same
• Assist attorneys in drafting, proofreading, redacting, and editing various documents and contracts for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, format and content.
• Time entry and client billing
• Submission of new business intake and conflicts checks
• Answer telephone and routine questions from clients and team members and/or route calls to appropriate staff members.
• Assist with the organization of client materials and attorney work product within our document management system
• Perform administrative duties such as client file management, general correspondence, expense reports, CLE tracking, check requests, etc.
• Efficiently and thoroughly understand how to use all necessary Firm software
• Schedule appointments, depositions, meetings, hearings, etc. and keep appointment calendars for the candidate’s team of attorneys
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Detail oriented
• Client service oriented
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint with aptitude to learn other systems/programs
• Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and meet deadlines
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
• High school diploma from an accredited institution
• Three (3) + years of law firm experience preferred
• Availability for overtime as needed
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the Firm.
Johnson Pope Bokor Ruppel & Burns, LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, pregnancy, familial status, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.