About Ayers Saint Gross
Ayers Saint Gross is an internationally recognized design firm with expertise in architecture, landscape architecture, planning, graphic design, interior architecture, and space analytics. Since our founding in 1912, we have built a reputation for designing environments of enduring value. The focus of our expertise and most of our work supports mission-driven clients, particularly colleges, universities, and cultural institutions. Our design approach is inspired by a critical and analytical discourse, a respect for past wisdom, a mind to future potential, and a belief that we have an obligation to leave places better than we found them. Our mission is to engage people and places to create designs that enrich our world. With over 170 professionals, we are headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in Washington, DC and Tempe, Arizona.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Planner/Project Manager to join our planning team in our Tempe, Arizona office. As a Project Manager, this individual will manage multi-disciplinary teams to provide collaborative, quality planning solutions. Projects typically overlap the disciplines of planning, architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and graphic design. Ideal candidates must have interest in problem solving for higher education clients and understand current academic trends as well as institutional protocols for planning.
- Works in close coordination with the Principal-in-Charge to provide project leadership and management to multiple planning projects.
- Focus in project management and project administration duties.
- Provides guidance on project objectives, concepts and manages delivery.
- Projects include campus design, programming, facility analysis, institutional advisement.
- Works directly with clients to create custom solutions and information to support the institution’s planning goals.
- Supports, supervises, directs, and evaluates the work of other architects, subconsultants, and experts.
- Participates in company promotional activities including client contact, business development, and proposal development.
- Has responsibility for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience, preferably in higher education.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning and/or Urban Design.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills, ability to plan and deliver complex projects in an interdisciplinary environment.
- Familiar with architectural concepts, practices, procedures, final documents, specifications, materials and construction practices
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Architectural Registration preferred
- LEED accreditation required within 12 months
- CSI certification encouraged- CDT (Construction Documents Technologist) as the preliminary test followed by CCS (Certified Construction Specifier) and the CCCA (Certified Construction Contract Administrator).
Why work at Ayers Saint Gross?
- We are a design-driven firm working with exceptional clients.
- We are an employee-owned company, with over 100 years of design excellence.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups.
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that bring design to the community.
Ayers Saint Gross is a respected leader in the community offering a highly energized work environment. For additional information and to apply online, please visit our website at www.asg-architects.com.