The Hardscape Technician is an experienced team member in hardscape construction that performs tasks such as: pavement systems (stone and pavers), retaining walls, water features, low-voltage lighting, utilities, concrete, carpentry and stonework. The Hardscape Technician is able to technically operate a variety of equipment and has basic knowledge in construction means, methods, techniques.
- Reads blueprints and has a basic level knowledge of grades, topography, and mathematical calculations.
- Installs interlocking paver patios
- Installs stone, wood, or segmental block retaining walls
- Operates a variety of equipment included, but not limited to: back hoes, track loaders, excavators, trenchers, tillers, straw blower, chain saws, electric saws and other miscellaneous small hand tools.
- Operates automatic and stick-shift vehicles as well as commercial trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Assists team leader with the production in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
- Assists the team leader in interacting with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job's completion.
- Assists the team leader in completing the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client tickets
- Maintains a clean, safe and efficient work-site and ensures equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists with snow removal operations in the winter months.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies Team Leader of needed repairs
- Works as a team member as needed throughout Southern Landscape Group.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school degree or GED is required as well as one-year experience in a similar field
- Candidate must be able to read and write legibly
- The individual will have a basic knowledge of hardscape practices including grades, topography, math skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills, job planning skills and mechanical aptitude a must.
- Virginia Driver’s License with a record that is insurable by company’s agent.
This position requires that the individual be actively working on the following certifications
- 1. First/Aid and CPR
- 2. Commercial Driver’s License – Class A
The majority of the time (greater than 80%) will be spent in an outdoor environment, with limited ability to control noise, airborne contaminants and temperature. Be able to lift regularly 80 pounds.
The employee is expected to work the assigned hours at Southern Landscape Group from Monday through Friday and Saturdays as needed. The work hours required of this position may be long when extended schedules are necessary. This is an hourly wage position with a normally expected work week of 40-50 hours, but the person in this position is expected to work those hours needed to successfully satisfy the responsibilities and duties of the position.
The employee will work closely with members of the team, team leaders, group leaders, and clients.
STARTING PAY: $14-18/hr
Individual has the opportunity to earn more as more know knowledge and experience is gained.