The Mowing Technician is a team member working under the direction of the Team Leader. The primary function of the Mowing Technician is to assist the Team Leader in mowing operations. The Mowing Technician is able to operate a variety of equipment and has basic horticultural knowledge.
- Performs mowing operations on a daily basis ensuring lawns are kept in mint condition.
- Performs weeding operations while on-site of unsightly weeds and makes recommendations to Team Leader about problems needing attention.
- Operates small and medium duty equipment including: zero-turn mower, push mower, trimmer, blower, edger, weed-eater, backpack sprayer, bed edger, etc.
- Operates automatic and stick-shift vehicles as well as commercial trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
- Assists team leader with the planning and organizing of each job.
- Assists the team leader by providing a walk-through at the job's completion.
- Assists the team leader in completing the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client service tickets
- Maintains a clean, safe and efficient work-site and ensures equipment is properly maintained.
- Assists in the daily maintenance activities if the team leader is absent, communicating to the team leader status and client requests.
- Maintains assigned equipment and notifies Team Leader of needed repairs
- Assists with snow removal operations in the winter months.
- Works as a team member as needed throughout Southern Landscape Group.
STARTING PAY: $14-17/hr
Individual has the opportunity to earn more as more knowledge and experience is acquired.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- A high school degree or GED is required as well as one-year experience in a similar field
- Candidate must be able to read and write legibly
- The individual will have a basic knowledge of standard horticultural practices including mowing, pruning, and pests.
- Good oral and written communication skills, job planning skills and mechanical aptitude a must.
- Virginia Drivers License with a record that is insurable by company’s agent.
This position requires that the individual be actively working on the following certifications within one year:
- First/Aid and CPR
- VDACS registered technician license
The majority of the time (greater than 80%) will be spent in an outdoor environment, with limited ability to control noise, airborne contaminants and temperature. Be able to lift regularly 80 pounds.
The employee is expected to work the assigned hours at Southern Landscape Group from Monday through Friday and Saturdays as needed. The work hours required of this position may be long when extended schedules are necessary. This is an hourly wage position with a normally expected work week of 40-50 hours, but the person in this position is expected to work those hours needed to successfully satisfy the responsibilities and duties of the position.
The employee will work closely with members of the team, team leaders, group leaders, and clients.