At Viridian, we aim to advance new treatments for patients underserved by today’s therapies. Our team consists of talented, entrepreneurial-minded professionals dedicated to improving the lives of patients suffering from serious diseases. We strive for data-driven decisions, strategic risk-taking, and efficient use of time and funds to best position our ideas for success. We value thoughtful ideas, open communication, and transparency, and are committed to a culture that allows employees to contribute at a high level, grow their careers, and balance their personal and professional ambitions.
Viridian Therapeutics is seeking a highly skilled and motivated PK Scientist to join the Translational Science team to lead drug metabolism and pharmacokinetic activities required for pharmaceutical development. The candidate will be responsible for the design and execution of preclinical and clinical endpoints to determine the biodistribution, metabolism, pharmacokinetics and PK/PD relationships of antibodies or other drug modalities in support of multiple drug development programs. The successful candidate will collaborate extensively with multiple research and development project teams and will possess excellent organizational and personal interaction skills.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Lead pharmacokinetic method development and validation and data multicompartment analysis using WinNonLin for the quantitation of antibodies and other drug modalities in multiple biological matrices
• Design PK studies and endpoints for preclinical and clinical studies
• Manage batch runs and dilution schemes for clinical and preclinical studies run at CROs
• Utilize PK data to inform lead compounds, model dosing paradigms, and interpret safety data
• Generate PK data summaries for use in regulatory submissions, investigator brochures and technical reports
• Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences Required, advanced degree preferred, with 7+ years’ industry experience, with extensive experience in pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic assessments
• Experience managing CRO activities and multiple studies
• Self-motivation, ability to work independently, excellent organization skills that enable multitasking and working within timelines required
• Strong oral and written communication skills are essential
• Ability to adapt and exercise flexibility for changing platform needs, workflows and projects.
This role will be based in Viridian’s office located in Boulder, CO, but remote work may also be considered.
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $135k-$143k and commensurate with experience. Viridian offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
• Medical, dental, and vision coverage with 100% of premiums paid by Viridian for employees and their eligible dependents.
• Short- and long-term disability coverage
• Group term life insurance
• Medical and Dependent Care FSA
• 401(k) Company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan