The primary function of the Commercial Development Manager, Protein will include all business development responsibilities for the Protein sector and assigned territory(ies). This will include identification of new market and territory verticals, corporate account management, identification of appropriate channel partners, advising on new product development, identifying trends and customer needs, building a short/medium/long-term sales pipeline in accordance with targets, developing strategies and positions by analyzing new venture integration, assisting in the coordination and implementation of marketing strategies, working cross functionally to delegate tasks that achieve strategic goals and coordinating/developing internal Sterilex processes to effectively serve those markets. The Commercial Development Manager represents the entire range of company products, while achieving assigned revenue and margin targets.
• Develop and implement overarching outbound sales and business development strategy, sales processes, structure, and best practices across the company
• Monitor and evaluate industry trends and customer drivers and meet regularly with management and stakeholders to discuss strategy
• Generate new leads, identify, and contact decision-makers, screen potential business opportunities, select the deals in line with strategies, and lead and facilitate pitch logistics
• Support deal structure and pricing with business value analysis; negotiate prices for proactive bids and proposals
• Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
• Manage proposal response process, including detailed RFP requirements, content creation, and inputs from various sources
• Have an in-depth knowledge of business products and value proposition
Channel & Market Growth:
• Research the market(s) and industry trends
• Research and recommend business opportunities and viable income streams
• Motivate team members to exceed expected goals
• Develop ways to improve the customer experience and build brand loyalty
• Develop growth strategies and plans
• Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
• Increase the current Sterilex client base
• Write business proposals
• Negotiate with stakeholders
• Identify and map business strengths and customer needs
• Build awareness of Sterilex products within appropriate regulatory and auditing bodies.
• Plan, present and exhibit at industry trade shows and conferences; set up meetings with key accounts, distributors, and key opinion leaders at events
• Contribute to company’s strategic goals and product development planning by gathering and communicating information about industry needs to the management team.
• Actively evaluate Sterilex’s product portfolio and collaborate with R&D/Regulatory to develop innovation pipeline for key market segments.
• Conduct market research on competitor’s performance/activity and pricing.
• Work with all Distributor Business Development and Corporate Account Teams to ensure that they are trained on Sterilex offerings, and that Sterilex products are a part of the new business bid process.
Corporate Account Management:
• Develop and maintain relationships with key national account personnel.
• Formulate, plan, and implement sales strategies to create demand, opportunities, maximize market penetration and accelerate sales growth development.
• Develop custom protocols/programs for Sterilex products, and actively manage trials and implementation.
• Actively work with corporate accounts to have Sterilex products written into corporate SSOP’s and RFP’s.
• Manage sales targets and generate sales plans to meet or exceed targets, and actively develop growth strategy for key Sterilex accounts.
• Bachelor’s degree with minimum 7 years of experience, either working in, or servicing/supplying the Protein processing industry.
• At least 5 years of sales or corporate account management experience
• Highly preferred: experience selling food processing sanitation chemicals or antimicrobial products.
• Must be able to travel =70% of the time to visit customers and work with distributors throughout the US and Internationally as assigned.
• Must have the ability to work 3rd shift (nights) as needed
• Holds valid US driver’s license in good standing with Department of Motor Vehicles in all States.
• Demonstrated and proven sales results
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Eager to expand the company with new sales, clients, and territories
• Able to analyze data and sales statistics and translate results into better solutions
• Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets
• Experienced at preparing and presenting quarterly goals and forecasts for future projects
• Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Comfortable in both a leadership and team-player role
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Exemplify Sterilex’s core values of Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, and Leadership.
• Exceptional problem-solving ability
• Training: Clearly explains concepts; varies presentation style to satisfy different learning needs.
• Written Communication: Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work. Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents data effectively. Able to read and interpret written information.
• Aggressive, competitive, great attitude and strong work ethic.
• Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work with Salesforce.com or comparable CRM system.