The HR Inclusion and Experience Partner is the primary talent resource responsible for the delivery of HR services for CSD’s national team, and business partners or customers as appropriate. The HR Inclusion and Experience Partner is responsible for passionate and diverse recruiting; and delivering excellent customer service to CSD’s national team, and business partners or customers as appropriate.
The HR Inclusion and Experience Partner is a creative team-builder, emotionally intelligent, and has a strong working knowledge of HR functions and analytical capabilities to apply such on a daily basis. The HR Inclusion and Experience Partner is a solutions-focused team-player who collaborates with other members of the HR Team to ensure proper, efficient, and effective engagement for CSD’s talent force and partners.
- Effectively source and recruit a motivated and diverse talent pool for open CSD job postings through multiple channels of networking to build a talent pipeline. Identify and present innovative ways of recruiting talent to internal stakeholders
- Administers the hiring process, effectively administering (e.g., writing and editing) CSD’s Job Descriptions, compensation and FLSA analyses, public-facing recruitment postings, telephone screenings, coordination of interviews, assistance with job offers and onboarding coordination
- Using the HRIS and employee surveys, analyze hiring and employment related data to make recommendations to senior leadership that will enhance employee engagement and retention as well as our position as an employer of choice
- Consults on and supports strategies that positively impact the employee experience including compensation, leave management, worker’s compensation, wellness, safety, training, employee relations and other areas of Human Resources
- Along with other HR team members, develops and implements methods to enhance employee engagement and retention activities, including employee communications, employee events, engagement surveys, and stay and exit interviews
- Supports CSD's diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and implements best practices
- Delivers training and presentations on HR functions to CSD’s national team, and business partners or customers as appropriate
- Assists in the development, delivery, interpretation, and management of CSD policies and procedures
- Assists with employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations as necessary
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Completes special projects, as directed, and provides regular reports regarding progress to internal stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To perform the essential functions of this position successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Solid knowledge of HR policies, related laws and best practices (e.g., the Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Equal Opportunity, etc.)
- Experience working across various HR functions, including Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, and levels of employees and management
- Strong project management skills, including analysis, planning, prioritization, and attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate the values of the organization and champion CSD’s mission, values, and support of the community served
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office products as well as an HRIS system
- Ability to communicate effectively using American Sign Language
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related field from an accredited college or university; or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in HR functions, including Diversity Equity, and Inclusion
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR / SHRM-CP) certification (Preferred)
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
This position is moderately self-directed and requires understanding and compliance with company policies, procedures, and values. The position works in a virtual office environment utilizing a computer and standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required interact collaboratively with the team and stakeholders, and communicate via phone, videophone, or text messaging. The employee may occasionally move their computer, papers, and printer, weighing up to 10 pounds or so. The position may require travel up to 5%.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Service for the Deaf, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability status, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.