PUYALLUP TRIBAL HEALTH AUTHORITY, located in Tacoma, Washington is seeking an experienced Registered Dietician/Nutritionist.
“It is the mission of the Puyallup Tribal Health Authority to provide quality healthcare and promote wellness in a culturally appropriate manner.”
We offer an outstanding workplace, competitive market based salary, and benefits packages including:
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits – monthly premiums paid 100% for employees
- 18+ annual paid holidays
- Generous paid sick and vacation accruals
- 401(k) with annual profit sharing
- Life & AD&D insurance coverage
- PTHA is an approved loan repayment site for various programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent work/home life balance
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provides quality nutritional care and education to patients of all ages. Participate in multidisciplinary teams to care for patients with complex conditions (diabetes, obesity, pain management.)
- Provide PTHA patients with individualized assessment, nutrition counseling and nutrition care plans that are appropriate, feasible, and practical.
- Identify potential and acute needs of clients and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Provide consultation and work in partnership with healthcare teams to motivate patients in their wellness journey.
- Provide scheduled nutrition education classes/workshops for diabetes and weight management, and for other nutrition topics (i.e. cooking classes).
- Assist in developing annual program goals, objectives and activities.