Verato is looking to hire a key member of our growing finance team, to be involved in all aspects of our accounting and finance operations. This is a great opportunity for someone with a business and finance background to gain experience in the areas of accounting, financial operations and controls, financial reporting and budgeting.
The Accounting and Finance Associate will be involved in all day-to-day accounting and reporting activities, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, General Ledger transactions, cash management and monthly closings. This person will assist in budget preparation, rolling forecasts and other key financial analyses. This person will also assist in the preparation of reports to track the organization’s financial and operational performance. As Verato embarks on a period of rapid and sustained growth, this person will also assist our team in the implementation and operation new software and systems to help us scale.
The Accounting and Finance Associate will be expected to do the following:
• Assist with the monthly financial close process; prepare and enter journal entries, reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
• Manage revenue recognition and accounts receivable.
• Manage cost recognition and accounts payable.
• Play a key role in cash management and other financial operations.
• Play a key role in the annual financial audit, as well as any statutory audits and compliance activities that arise from time to time.
• Coordinate and assist third party tax resources in the preparation of tax filings and returns.
• Drive process improvement projects, including new technology implementation, to streamline and simplify existing processes and reduce manual activities.
The following experience and skills are required for this position:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline
• At least 2 years of experience in finance, accounting, or a related field requiring numerical proficiency and a high attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Self-starter; able to operate independently and juggle multiple workstreams and priorities
• Good understanding of accounting principles and US GAAP
• Advanced Excel skills
The following experience and skills are a plus and will differentiate your application:
• Familiarity with general ledger software and other ERP tools
• Familiarity with Software as a Service / technology / subscription businesses
• Familiarity with business intelligence reporting
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively in a fast pace environment
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled