We are a premier, family-owned community bank that diligently works to meet the needs of the community we serve. Our mission is to build strong communities, one relationship at a time. Our employee community is the heart of Northeast Bank. We support each other as well as our neighbors, local businesses and non-profits.
POSITION TITLE: Sr. Teller - Minneapolis
HOURS: Monday-Friday - 40 hours per week
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality customer service, balance cash drawer, maintain maximum security over bank money and operate computer software in a quick and efficient manner.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides quality customer service including greeting customers by name, smiling, and thanking every customer. Acts professionally including conversations with customers and employees in person and on the phone. Keeps confidentiality of customers within those that need to know. Work area is neat and presentable to customers. Arrives on time, keeps breaks and lunches within appropriate time frame.
2. Accurate in balancing vault and counting cash. Resolves balancing differences independently and assists other tellers in resolving differences. Assess workload and initiate fair completion of all deposits for customers in person, night drop, mail, coin machine etc.
3. Running cash recyclers daily. Removing cash from recyclers when they have reached their limits and adding the cash to the vault totals. Balancing the recyclers at the end of the day with totals on Jack Henry.
4. Prepares daily settlement of work. Accurate in balancing drawer and counting cash. Maintain maximum security over bank assets, ensuring cash and negotiable items are always secure. Stays within established drawer limits. Processes currency transaction reports, checks identification, signatures, stop payments, etc. Scrutinizes negotiable instruments with potential for fraud. Process personal and bank money orders, cash advances, VISA gift cards, savings bonds, etc. efficiently. Maintain and balance general ledger accounts in a timely manner. Investigate and correct errors.
5. Inform customers of banking products beneficial to the customer. Cross sell and/or refer to other personnel when need arises. Able to answer basic customer questions and follows up with customer to make sure they were able to have all their questions answered.
6. Communicates effectively with supervisor, manager, and co-workers. Reads and follows through with voicemail and e-mail. Effectively uses scanners, counters, and software (especially email).
OTHER KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES:
1. Performs a minimum of 3 CRA hours (Bank sponsored community or marketing events) annually.
2. Other duties as assigned.
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. “Secondary Duties and Responsibilities” are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
• High school diploma or general education degree
• 1-2 years teller experience
• Professional, effective verbal communication skills
• Ability to deliver “above average” customer service
• Ability to multi-task and organize priorities
• Medium level of computer literacy
• Maintains confidentiality
• Maintains high level of focus and accuracy
• Performance Measures
• Balancing Record
• Quality of Customer Service
• Safety of Cash
• Requires near vision
• Noise level in the area is usually moderate
• Must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk, and hear to perform the job
• Ability to lift coin/cash weighing up to 25 pounds
Northeast Bank is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Vets/Disability Employer.