About Fidelity Bank:
Founded in 1888, Fidelity Bank is one of the strongest independent community banks in Central and Eastern Massachusetts. Fidelity Bank’s unique LifeDesign approach to banking provides the care and clarity needed to make informed decisions with confidence. The Bank offers a range of personal and business banking solutions to clients in 14 full-service offices in Leominster, Worcester, Fitchburg, Needham, Gardner, Stow, Shirley, Barre, Millbury, Paxton, Princeton, and Winchendon. Fidelity Bank has been voted Worcester Telegram & Gazette Best Bank in Central Massachusetts and Best Financial Services, Best Bank by both Leominster Champion and Baystate Parent, and it has been recognized by the Worcester Business Journal as a Top Workplace. In 2020 Fidelity Bank was named to the Boston Globe’s Top Places to Work list for the sixth time. As of June 30, 2020, the bank had total assets of approximately $1.15 billion. For more information, visit www.fidelitybankonline.com or www.facebook.com/fidelitybankma
SUMMARY: Seasoned Portfolio Manager who, under the direction of the SVP/Senior Commercial Credit Officer, is responsible for managing, monitoring and servicing an assigned portfolio of commercial loans together with the assigned Relationship Manager.
• Utilizing the Life Design process, jointly manage, monitor and service with the Relationship Manager assigned commercial relationships.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of company financial statements to determine credit strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential borrowers. Analysis to include but not limited to global cash flow analysis, trend analysis, collateral valuation and guarantor analysis.
• Perform credit analyses for new loan requests, renewals, reviews, modifications and extensions.
• Assist the Relationship Manager with formulating loan structures that best protect the Bank and meet the needs of the customer.
• Prepare term sheets and other documentation needed for deal screens.
• Manage the preparation of and review all legal documents for loan closings via Laser Pro or working with outside counsel.
• Manage and facilitate the process of obtaining credit enhancements on loans as needed (ie: SBA guarantees, Mass Cap enrollment)
• Attend loan closings and site visits as needed.
• Ensure that all required reviews and renewals are completed in a timely fashion.
• Aid in the management of criticized and work out credits, providing support and assistance as needed to the Relationship Manager, SVP/Senior Commercial Credit Officer or Collections Manager.
• Contribute to the achievement of Commercial Team goals as it relates to revenue & portfolio growth, asset quality and compliance.
• Be another point of contact for customers within the portfolio being managed.
• Attendance at industry and Bank sponsored events to enhance and strengthen existing customer relationships and expand professional network
• Work with the Relationship Manager and SVP/ Senior Commercial Credit Officer to ensure all relationships are appropriately risk rated.
• Monitor the portfolio for red flags (bankruptcies, late payments, past due taxes etc) and take appropriate action to minimize the risk to the Bank associated with these issues.
• Identify areas for cross selling opportunities to further develop the Bank’s relationship with the customer.
• Serve as a mentor to junior team members to assist in their professional development.
• Work with the Commercial Servicing Coordinator to ensure loans are properly booked and managed by the Core system and address any issues.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a portfolio manager
• Experience as a commercial credit analyst.
• Experience using financial spreading software, such as Sageworks.
• Experience with in-house legal documentation software, such as Laser Pro.
• Experience with Small Business Administration guaranty programs.
• Strong analytical, verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Must be detailed-oriented, demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, have a positive attitude and a commitment to outstanding service.
• Must be a responsible and independent worker who can interact well with other members of the Commercial Team.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Fidelity Bank is proud to offer a competitive compensation and benefits program which includes health, dental, vision, life, and immediate 401(k) plan participation.
Fidelity Bank is an equal opportunity employer.